Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

GAME MUSIC: my 5th video game cover cd 70 songs out soon...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnphase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: GAME MUSIC: my 5th video game cover cd 70 songs out soon... Reply with quote

hey fellas. i know some of you guys already, but theres others of you that i dont know. i'd like to introduce myself, im shawn phase, 8bit asshole. i donno how alive the forums are here still...but i figured i'd let you all know that im releasing a 5th video game cover cd, with 70 cover songs from 8 bit nes games...lots of rarities and songs you wouldnt expect to hear ever, lie hogans alley, gumshoe, gyruss, and a zillion more!!! i figure i'll sell them for a $4 donation or something, and accept paypal. if you'd like to hear the previous 4 albums, check the url in my signaturethe cover cds are AFX cd 63 AFX cd 69, AFX cd 71, and AFX cd 76...its rockin stuff, with guitars and drums and the original music. hope you dudes dig, i donno maybe i should have posted this in a general forum? who knows. i hope you likes it!

shawn phase
http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the site has "made it" if Shawn Phase is self-promoting on the forums (sup man).
shawnphase

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since someone was i guess a little bit trigger happy and closed the other topic i accidentally made, i figured it was only fair to explain myself here..

im not looking for 2500 'new sales' of my cd, ive sold about 2000 copies of the previous 4 vg cover records already. it would be nice to get rid of a lot of these copies pretty fast so that i can go to a record label and say 'hey, ive sold this many of these by myself, wanna give me a hand and help me sell this, i know people will buy it.' its kind of the purpose.

and regardless, the way you sell cd's like this (vg covers) is by doing it online, through forums, online bbs', pages (like these) report about this kind of music and it helps the artist. and for every few people that dont want it, there is inevitably one who's really into it. to clear it up even further, im not all that concerned with 'selling' these cds...i dont like the idea of selling them in the first place, and its more trouble for me than i should do, but i do it anyways.

http://www.inpuj.com/~polaris/misc/tempsoundsolutionsandashane-streetfighter2010.mp3

enjoy this street fighter 2010 cover, its track 3 from the nsf. and if any of you still read nintendo power, there will be an interview with me in this months issue as well.

i'll try and not be trolling in the future here.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I don't mean to discourage or talk shit, but no record label's going to be interested in what you're doing. The returns could never justify the expense of the royalties required.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawnphase wrote:
since someone was i guess a little bit trigger happy and closed the other topic i accidentally made, i figured it was only fair to explain myself here..

Not only was it an accidental topic, it went stupid pretty quick.

shawnphase wrote:
im not looking for 2500 'new sales' of my cd, ive sold about 2000 copies of the previous 4 vg cover records already. it would be nice to get rid of a lot of these copies...

I don't know how you can say I was trigger happy when I not only explained this was likely the case to someone else, but I guessed the circumstances somewhat correctly and defended you, even though you are proving to be an annoyance. I hate closing threads (and I almost never ban people, for your peace of mind), but that thread was crap.

shawnphase wrote:
and regardless, the way you sell cd's like this (vg covers) is by doing it online, through forums, online bbs', pages (like these) report about this kind of music and it helps the artist.

And you managed to be, one more time, a fucking annoyance. I personally dislike people whoring out their stuff, but I tolerate it because there's always the posibility of their product actually being GOOD, not to mention I know others probably DO want to hear about it, blah blah blah. You're really coming off as a stupid little bitch.

shawnphase wrote:
to clear it up even further, im not all that concerned with 'selling' these cds...i

THEN STOP TALKING ABOUT SALES FIGURES AND JUSTIFICATION FOR DOING SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OK OK

shawnphase wrote:
and if any of you still read nintendo power, there will be an interview with me in this months issue as well.

Hey, neato.

shawnphase wrote:
i'll try and not be trolling in the future here.

I'd settle for proper grammar and punctuation for the most part. I mean, come on, please use some capital letters. To me personally it makes you come off as some retarded kiddie, aka, unprofessional, and that's a wee bit detrimental for someone trying to sell something, don't you think?
shawnphase

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.

kap, your attitude is crap. we're done here.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:(
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeg, we are done here.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody think that guy's hand looks a little funny?

Inside joke from the guy who has a fixation on hands, metacarpals, digits, etc.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no thumb.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camouflage.

Also, to hell with French.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damned crazy French.
General Gotham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffft. If you want a record company to really pay attention to you, record some really impressive independantly done stuff like Mike Oldfield's seminal classic Tubular Bells or something.

NES music is simple. Effective to get you excited while running and jumping, but not really impressive or particularly complex compositions. Be creative dammit.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Gotham wrote:
NES music is simple. Effective to get you excited while running and jumping, but not really impressive or particularly complex compositions.

Bullshit. His arrangements of it may suck (read: nothing original added), but don't you dare attack the compositional strength of NES music in my house!. You dare compare it to a minimalist album? Yeah, there's some real strong composition there!

...actually I like Oldfield and Tubular Bells and minimalism too (yay Reich), but aping any of these things is not apt to attract a record company's attention. More to the point, much of the music of the NES, SNES, Genesis and even the C64 (reluctantly included as I hate hate hate that arpeggio effect all the composers abuse) is among the best stuff written in the last quarter century in any medium. The limitations of the format force composers to be more creative, which is a good thing. This aspect of game music has been lost with the increased power of newer consoles, and as a result many newer composers hide weak composition behind flashy sound and increased polyphony.

So yeah. Make fun of Shawn all you want, but don't diss NES music or I might have to rant on the internet. OOH
shawnphase

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that wasnt very nice...

i just wanted to say in closing that im awesome, and i'll always be awesome...if any of you are going to magfest i'll see you there look for me, the guy with the konami tattoos.
Mia D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawnphase wrote:
well, that wasnt very nice...

Your attitude is CRAP

CRAP

CRAP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shawnphase

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my attitude is poor, but my outlook is good.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I thought we were done Sad
Mia D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn, I'll totally punch you in the face at Magfest, just like I did at Anthrocon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: