Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 pm

Hidden stage in Punisher (arcade version).

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Hidden stage in Punisher (arcade version). Reply with quote

Found this at www.arcade-history.com

Does anyone know how to access this stage? Apparently, it's a level in which the Punisher must secure a hijacked airplane. Yet, I've played the game thousand of times and never got into this level (I did find the sprites for the hostages, but never thought much about them).
BBH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thepunishermerchandise.com/video_games/arcade/arcade_game.html

this page says it's a bonus stage of some kind, but it doesn't work properly. weird. Doesn't mention which emulator was used to access it though... anyone have a MAME cheat?
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the ending with the "bad guy parade" only occurs normally when you one-credit your way through the game.

I'm guessing the emulator must be MAME, since its only Arcade one with cheats that supports Punisher as far as I know.
iamstillhiro1112

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those females are used in the games intro. But not those particualar sprites. I just played the game thru also and didn't see anything about this level. It musta been a secret final level that wasn't finished. BTW, this game has 6 levels, not 5. The sixth llevel isn't called 6, just Final, but it is the 6th level.
Altered Bonk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some fine quadruplets Punisher's got tied up there.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamstillhiro1112 wrote:
Those females are used in the games intro. But not those particualar sprites. I just played the game thru also and didn't see anything about this level. It musta been a secret final level that wasn't finished. BTW, this game has 6 levels, not 5. The sixth llevel isn't called 6, just Final, but it is the 6th level.

I know! I've seen the sprites before, as well as another female hostage (the prisoner from Stage 2 actually) and a male one (the bystander from Stage 1) while looking at the graphic data.

EDIT: I managed to unlock the stage using cheats for Final Burn. Like that site said, the stage ends only after a few seconds. Would've made a more interesting bonus round than the cliched "shoot the barrels" round they actually used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: