Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

FF4 Easy Type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: FF4 Easy Type Reply with quote

Does anyone know when FF4 Easy Type was made in relation to the original, and/or any other background in its making? I recently played through it to check on all the little details they changed, and noticed a quite big one on the final battle. Zeromus' graphics are completely different, and it looks like a cross between Neo Exdeath and Gilgamesh with a scantily clad female body in there for kicks.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any reason for changing this, and perhaps a reason why the change was distinctly FF5 flavored.

Also, if anyone's curious, some of the other differences I noticed were-

Additional clarification in the sometimes ambiguous Japanese text, i.e. "Never again, even if ordered..." -> "Never again, even if ordered by the king"

Most mythological references taken out, i.e. Lilith's Staff -> Witch's Staff, Gungnir -> Hero's Lance, Ragnarok -> Sword of the Gods

I'm going on memory from FF4, but I think a lot of English monster names that were spelled out in Japanese were replaced with actual Japanese translations.

I wasn't paying attention throughout the whole game, but there's at least one added save point right before the final screen.

I can post more, or screenshots if people are interested. Any help on background into the actually game would be appreciated. Thanks!
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How 'bout a pic of semi nekkid Zeromus-chick?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AndrewT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeromus - www.andrew-thompson.com/images/image24.bmp

Added save point- www.andrew-thompson.com/images/image23.bmp

I also forgot to mention that instead of syllables to determine magic strength (kearu = cure, kearura = cure 2, etc.), Easy Type actually uses numbers
Blackjax
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have absolutely no proof to back this up, but here's my guess.

Like FFVII International and FFX International, maybe it was simply a relocalization of the USA version.

Doubt it, but its a thought.
AndrewT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, that's an interesting idea. It would explain why all of the differences between FF4 and FF2us are there, but there are additional differences. Perhaps the generally accepted notion of FF2us being based on FF4et weren't based on facts. It could be too that the people responsible for FF2us thought FF4et was too extreme and reintroduced some aspects of FF4 back. Just speculation though.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese release dates and retail prices for:

Final Fantasy IV - July 19, 1991, for 8,800Â¥
Final Fantasy IV Easy Type - October 29, 1991, for 9,000Â¥

Info courtesy of .... me, at VGRebirth.org. But rest assured I ripped that off from multiple somewhere elses.

Last edited by KlarthAilerion on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
treeman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF2USA is not the same game as FF4et, FF2US is said to be more challenging than FF4et but not as challenging as FF4. It's a mid mark, FF4et was dummied down too much. There are documented differences in www.fforigins.com

The last boss of FF4et is not commonly known to most people, well now it's more common knowledge :)
ClamIAm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: heh. Reply with quote

I thought this whole "easy type" version had easier-to-read text or something.

heh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: