Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:40 am

Zero Racers (G-Zero) Prototype..?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deevan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Zero Racers (G-Zero) Prototype..? Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea if this is in rom form anywhere? Or if there's a cartridge for sale?

(BTW, unreleased virtual boy game.)

John
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so unfortunately. Even though I'm not a big Virtual Boy fan, I would love to see that, Dragon Hopper, and Bound High dumped someday. Those 3 games actually looked interesting and possibly could've gotten me to check out a Virtual Boy. Well other than Wario Land anyway.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more curious to know whatever happened to the Virtual Mario Land Nintendo announced. It would be an excellent basis for a new Super Mario game for the GBA if there ever will be one.

There was also a driving version of Goldeneye planned if I recall correctly.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consulted an expert, who tells me that all three of those games exist internally at Nintendo, but none have surfaced "publically" yet.
deevan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, I thought it had been reviewed by several magazines...

Hey, there is a game out called Mario Land or something of the like, I've got the pak around here somewhere.

(No, I'm not talking about the Wario game.)
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mario Land game ended up being morphed into Mario Clash. Apparently all of Mario Clash was supposed to be a mini game within the Mario Land game, but unfortunately after Mario Land got canned, Nintendo just made the mini game a stand alone title. Mario Clash is the game you're probably thinking of.

At least I think that's what happened. I remember seeing pics of the Mario Land game, and it's too bad it didn't get released as it looked interesting. Classic side scrolling Mario fare. Even remember seeing the flagpole in it.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say we shall (soon enough) be witnessing the Virtual Boy Advance, a full color 3D VR system that this time fits on your head without permanently damaging your spinal column. Think flight helmet or K-rad glasses.

And what's really neat/scary is to think that they just might be able to pull it off. Slap available cell phone / internet connectivity into it, and you've got the winner in the portable gaming market.

And maybe blindness, seizures, and brain cancer too. But that'd all depend on the model...
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArnoldRimmer83 wrote:
At least I think that's what happened. I remember seeing pics of the Mario Land game, and it's too bad it didn't get released as it looked interesting. Classic side scrolling Mario fare. Even remember seeing the flagpole in it.

There were some screenshots at the Nintendo Database, but I can't find them now that they redesigned their website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: