Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

good or bad? Leisure Suit Larry Magna cum laude
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: good or bad? Leisure Suit Larry Magna cum laude Reply with quote

anyone else played this? I was expecting a disaster from the reviews and because of critisicm that the original team and creator werent involved but i really enjoyed this game, all the trademark humor of the larry franchise with the bonus of digitised boobies! Anyone else like/dislike it?
handofg0d

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised it's not on the Wii because it's nothing more than a shitty collection of Mini Games.

Trampoline DDR
Regular DDR
Quarters
Root Beer Tapper
Hand Slapping
3 versions of 'whack a mole" (drink mixing, etc.)
etc...

It's not an adventure game, and therefor doesn't count as a Larry game, at least to me.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The writing was fantastic, the gameplay was atrocious.
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know what to expect with it. It definitely wasn't a traditional Larry game based on it being a bunch of mini-games strung together. Overall, I enjoyed playing it, I didn't feel like it was a gigantic waste of time. I equated it more to Psychonauts then any of the previous LSL games.

LSL1 was the first game I ever played, and the franchise has been a bizarre one at best. LSL2 was the best of the series imho, with LSL7 being a close follow up.

I think the humor was dead on, and I was comfortable with the evolution of the gameplay, but I do miss Adventure gaming. Come on LSL8: Lust in Space! I'm waiting for you baby!
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck_that_noise wrote:
I think the humor was dead on, and I was comfortable with the evolution of the gameplay, but I do miss Adventure gaming. Come on LSL8: Lust in Space! I'm waiting for you baby!

Al's new game (Sam Suede) got canceled, and he's publicly stated that he's done with computer games for good. Sorry, man.
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
fuck_that_noise wrote:

Al's new game (Sam Suede) got canceled, and he's publicly stated that he's done with computer games for good. Sorry, man.

I'll live... If for some reason someone threw a bag of money at him, he would totally turn that statement around, but apparently no one cares if he lives or dies.

I'd much rather see a continuation of the Space Quest series over anything, but yeah-right.
handofg0d

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... Does this mean you didn't sign up for his daily joke email list CyberJokeâ„¢ 3000?
Getz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:
Aww... Does this mean you didn't sign up for his daily joke email list CyberJokeâ„¢ 3000?

What was the best joke you got from it?
FINE-LINE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Larry lost something in the transition to 3D.
Sneth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not an adventure game...

but honestly, it was a lil fun...

kinda of a choose your own adventure at times... The uncensored patch for the PC made it a little better too....
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:

Man... TheRedEye ruined my image of Al Llowe, when he told me this story about some guy walking in on him masturbating. Ewwwwwwwwww...!!!!...!!!!!..!
handofg0d

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck_that_noise wrote:
Man... TheRedEye ruined my image of Al Llowe, when he told me this story about some guy walking in on him masturbating. Ewwwwwwwwww...!!!!...!!!!!..!

At least Al didn't walk in on some guy while masturbating. Because that would be intentional.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck_that_noise wrote:
handofg0d wrote:

What? I don't remember that.
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
fuck_that_noise wrote:
handofg0d wrote:

That's odd, I imagined you would... It was about some guy working late at Sierra and going into Al Llowe's office, and he was naked, or in the midst of playing with himself, and he asked the gentlemen who walked in on him not to leave.

Unless I am distorting reality with my dreams again, I am pretty sure you told me this jaunty little tale.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that story reminded me of the Chris Claremont story I told you, if you remember it. Not because they have anything to do with eachother, but because they're both kinda fat bald guys.

Ugh.
handofg0d

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck_that_noise wrote:
TheRedEye wrote:
fuck_that_noise wrote:
handofg0d wrote:

That's odd, I imagined you would... It was about some guy working late at Sierra and going into Al Llowe's office, and he was naked, or in the midst of playing with himself, and he asked the gentlemen who walked in on him not to leave.

Unless I am distorting reality with my dreams again, I am pretty sure you told me this jaunty little tale.

This is going RIGHT into Wikipedia.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck_that_noise wrote:
TheRedEye wrote:
fuck_that_noise wrote:
handofg0d wrote:

If I did, I must have erased it from my memory entirely, this doesn't even sound vaguely familiar!
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
Man, that story reminded me of the Chris Claremont story I told you, if you remember it. Not because they have anything to do with eachother, but because they're both kinda fat bald guys.

Ugh.

That must be it.... I could have sworn it was good ol' sleazeball Al and tainted memories of Sierra. I mean, I don't need additional reasons to hate Claremont, I have enough in my comic collection.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Claremont story is way better than someone walking in on him playing with is noodle. Waaaaay better.
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
The Claremont story is way better than someone walking in on him playing with is noodle. Waaaaay better.

Nope, not that, PopaSmear has reminded me of that tale countless times, every time I mention my hatred of Claremont. It was totally a tale, told to me by Red, about Al touching his tallywacker and inviting a threesome... theriouthly.

It is a shame that Red decides to repress these memories, rather then embrace them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: