Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am

Moratorium on Reviews of Classic Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMF54123 wrote:
I've never understood all the hate towards PA. Is it just the "cool" thing to do, kinda like hating FF7 even though you enjoyed every minute of it back in the day?

I hated them for the misrepresentation thing, and then I got over it, once they made me laugh some.

TheRedEye and I had this idea about making a comic called Carnation Cafe. We would use the same cartoony style but our characters would be drawn like how Gabe and Tycho look in real life. They would have been named Peter and Rufio, and were obviously covering up their blatant homosexuality. Also they would lie about how hot their hideous wives are. If only we could draw…
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck_that_noise wrote:
BMF54123 wrote:
I've never understood all the hate towards PA. Is it just the "cool" thing to do, kinda like hating FF7 even though you enjoyed every minute of it back in the day?

I hated them for the misrepresentation thing, and then I got over it, once they made me laugh some.

TheRedEye and I had this idea about making a comic called Carnation Cafe. We would use the same cartoony style but our characters would be drawn like how Gabe and Tycho look in real life. They would have been named Peter and Rufio, and were obviously covering up their blatant homosexuality. Also they would lie about how hot their hideous wives are. If only we could draw…

You don't need to be able to draw to do a webcomic, just look at User Friendly.

If you don't even have THAT much ability, do a sprite comic.
fuck_that_noise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadguy2322 wrote:
fuck_that_noise wrote:
BMF54123 wrote:

I will not make any concessions on my art! What I see in my head must come to fruition, or NO DICE!!!
DarkTetsuya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
They're funny enough to hit their website once in a while, plus their charity is pretty cool. I really don't have any idea how they make the amount of money they claim they do though.

Besides, you can't tell me this isn't funny:

That reminds me that I saw something called 'the skeletor show' on youtube the other day.

But as far as FFVII goes, I don't hate the game, it's just the fanboys that legally changed their names to cloud/sephiroth/aeris (which is how it was on my PSX copy, so there) that I take issue with.

DT
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadguy2322 wrote:

You know, even (good) sprite comics take at least some work and ability. There are plenty of completely shitty sprite comics out there, and a handful of really good ones.

User Friendly may look like relative ass, but it also helped get the ball rolling. Longevity does count for something.
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a comic in a newspaper today.
It was so terrible I had to share, but I forgot the strip's name. So I can't look it up. (and it wasn't mine, so I didn't take it)

Something about kids living less in fear of the "boogie man", but more in fear of the "booger man".
I bet they thought they were real clever with that line.

Anybody seen that one?
ClamIAm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to discuss terrible comics, The Comics Curmudgeon is a pretty good place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: