Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:07 am

apple/bandai pippen emulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gummo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: apple/bandai pippen emulation Reply with quote

has anyone tried writing a pippin emulator?
-gummo
handofg0d

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.
and is there anything even worth emulating for the pippin?
also, couldn't you just pick one up? they sell on ebay for like 3 bucks.
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a thread about the PeePee on an Amiga board I regularly terrorize 4 years ago. Don't bother emulating the piece of crap. Emulate a coffee pot instead.
Funny, how the PS3 controller resembles the PeePee's. Everyone tries to copy Apple heh heh....
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=5362
schilcote

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 dollars? more like 30,000,000,000$ !
I am Christina Aguilera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just surprised to hear that that thing was actually released.
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have proof that not everything Apple/Steve Jobs puts out becomes an insanely huge hit.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderbutt wrote:
Now we have proof that not everything Apple/Steve Jobs puts out becomes an insanely huge hit.

That statement is really silly and uninformed, unless you're trying to be funny.

Jobs didn't work for Apple between 1985 and 1997. The Pippin was announced in 1994 and had nothing to with Jobs. It was released in 1997, from Bandai.

Apple has had a lot of ill-advised products that were flops, especially during that ~20 year period. The Pippin is but one.
taiki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
Wonderbutt wrote:

That statement is really silly and uninformed, unless you're trying to be funny.

Jobs didn't work for Apple between 1985 and 1997. The Pippin was announced in 1994 and had nothing to with Jobs. It was released in 1997, from Bandai.

Apple has had a lot of ill-advised products that were flops, especially during that ~20 year period. The Pippin is but one.

Don't forget MacTV, 20th Anniversary Mac, Newton...

(Newton was a brilliant piece of hardware, it just sold like crap.)
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Old Power Mac... Reply with quote

I don't know about emulating a Pippin but if you go out and buy a first generation Power Mac, you will own the computer version of the Pippin.

The Pippin ran off of a PPC601 and had an ATT DSP for sound.
That same DSP was used in many early PowerMac for sound playback.

The Pippin was underpowered(no 3d hardware) and over priced.
If it received widespread release it would have been raped by the PSX and the N64.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In other tech news today Sony has announced a partnership with Apple for the launch of their latest games console. As part of the agreement Sony will change the name of the console from 'Playstation 3' to 'Pippin 2'.

Sony President Ken Kuturagi said in a press release today, 'We felt we needed to rebrand our console with a name that more accurately reflects it's exorbitant price and doomed future. A partnership with Apple and it's similarly doomed Pippin brand is a natural for Sony.'"

(i stole that from someone on slashdot a year ago today)
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
Wonderbutt wrote:

Well, I used the slash to note that Apple or Steve could have been responsible for the hit/miss of the product. I should have left Steve out of the Pippen thing.
And yes, I know of the Newton and the G4 Cube. Great ideas, but a bit ahead of their time.
Lately though, one can't deny the superb products and marketing that have come out since, 1997 when Steve returned.
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiki wrote:
kap wrote:
Wonderbutt wrote:

Don't forget MacTV, 20th Anniversary Mac, Newton...

(Newton was a brilliant piece of hardware, it just sold like crap.)

Heh...now we have Apple TV. There are still Newton fans out there developing stuff. And games. I bet Newton has more Snake and Tetris clones than any system ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: