Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

Alien Soldier, Guardian Heroes, Treasure Crap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Alien Soldier, Guardian Heroes, Treasure Crap Reply with quote

From the September 1995 issue of EGM comes this preview of "Guardian Warriors," which all good Treasure nerds will recognize as an early version of Guardian Heroes.

What's different? Well, the game's story mode apparently has only two playable main characters, as opposed to the five available in the final game. Oddly enough, one of those two leads is Valgar, the guy in white. He isn't playable in the final version's story mode, though he has a prominent role as the standard semi-honorable bad guy who turns halfway good once the real villains are unmasked.

I also found these shots of Alien Soldier in the May 1994 Gamefan, back when it had a Slab Bulkhead human hero instead of the bird-headed cyborg seen in the final.

For comparison, here's a shot of the released game's main character and one of the bosses seen above.

I'm posting full-size scans below, even though someone might steal them to make fake auctions and rip off stupid collectors.

http://www.kidfenris.com/aliensoldierprotolarge.png
http://www.kidfenris.com/guardianheroesprotolarge.png
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about the development history of Alien Soldier, but is it possible that those shots might be from some early stages of localization, before someone said "okay, guys, seriously? Let's stick with the original stuff, the guys are planning to release in Japan, okay?".

The Guardian Heroes thingy there is a bit funny as the header says Warrior while at the bottom it says Heroes, maybe superb dictionary or other method translations at work there? Anyway, now I once again feel like playing that game...

Nice scans/finds, though.
I guess I really should go on a throughout hunt for randomness like this in some of the European magazines and such that I have from the first half of the 90s.
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Alien Soldier, Guardian Heroes, Treasure Crap Reply with quote

Kid Fenris wrote:

I'm posting full-size scans below, even though someone might steal them to make fake auctions and rip off stupid collectors.

http://www.kidfenris.com/aliensoldierprotolarge.png
http://www.kidfenris.com/guardianheroesprotolarge.png

Awesome scans, but we all know you only did this for the illustrious glory that goes along with a half dozen other nerds maybe taking the time to drop a quick "cool thx" comment on this message board.

The mystical force field around these images has been forever e-raped by your scanner. I hope you're happy.
Buyatari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Alien Soldier, Guardian Heroes, Treasure Crap Reply with quote

[quote="Li Wang"]
Kid Fenris wrote:

The mystical force field around these images has been forever e-raped by your scanner. I hope you're happy.

No need to worry its a sega product no mystic force field ever existed.
iamstillhiro1112

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien soldier shoudl of had that guy instead of a dinosaur. It was pretty nice game tho. I was one of the first guys to hack any kind of cheat codes for it I think.
Druid II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a low-res fmv footage of early Guardian Heroes, from one of the japanese Saturn demo discs. IIRC, the few differences match the ones on the egm screenshot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: