Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:46 am

Akatsuki Teikokugawa (Scrapped Suikoden Sequel?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Akatsuki Teikokugawa (Scrapped Suikoden Sequel?) Reply with quote

I recently purchased Suikoden II from the local game shop (it was in pretty good conditions and I seen it go for over $100 at eBay) and I just remembered that prior to it's release, Konami was planning on doing a semi-sequel to the original game titled Akatsuki Teikokugawa (The Story from the Scarlet Moon Empire's Side), which as the title indicated, was essentially the events of first game but viewed from the bad guys' point of view.

Obviously, it's not the released Suikoden II, since that game was set after the downfall of the Scarlet Moon Empire. Konami even released a concept artwork featuring a logo and an artwork of the bad guys from the first game (similar to one found within the manual for the original game).
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I knew there was a Genso Suikoden, but I had never heard of this title...
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter Belmont wrote:
Interesting. I knew there was a Genso Suikoden, but I had never heard of this title...

Genso Suikoden is simply the Japanese title of the series. Konami simply took out the Genso part of the title for the localization. It's nothing special.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've definitely liked to have played that. Big Suikoden fan here. If anyone could tell you more about the game, it would be the Suikosource people.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I doubt they'll know anything, but I'll try.

BTW, has anyone here played the Saturn version of Suikoden? I'm tempted to pick it up someday if it isn't as screwed-up like the Saturn version of Dracula X2.
anarchy99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just secondhand information, as I haven't played it myself, but the Saturn version is just the Playstation version without transparencies. :)
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:
BTW, has anyone here played the Saturn version of Suikoden?

This is what I was referring to when I said Genso Suikoden. Perhaps I should have specified Saturn.

From what I've read, the Saturn version actually has a small amount of additional content. So it's probably not unlike Nocturne in the Moonlight (worse graphics, extra stuff)... which is what I assume YOU are referring to when you say Dracula X2. ;)
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter Belmont wrote:
Johnny Undaunted wrote:
BTW, has anyone here played the Saturn version of Suikoden?

This is what I was referring to when I said Genso Suikoden. Perhaps I should have specified Saturn.

From what I've read, the Saturn version actually has a small amount of additional content. So it's probably not unlike Nocturne in the Moonlight (worse graphics, extra stuff)... which is what I assume YOU are referring to when you say Dracula X2. ;)

Yep, Dracula X2= Nocturne in the Moonlight.

It seems Konami never mastered transparencies in their PS-to-Saturn ports. Yet, the Saturn version of Policenauts had them. Go figure!

The only thing I know about the Saturn Suikoden are the new mini-games and a Coliseum Mode.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saturn version also has a different intro movie, and an additional scene prior to the final battle if you have all 108 Stars. I also seem to remember hearing that they changed the color of treasure chests, for some unknown reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: