Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

Daimakaimura ~ Ghouls 'n Ghosts arcade beta screens?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirRaid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Daimakaimura ~ Ghouls 'n Ghosts arcade beta screens? Reply with quote

never noticed this before:

this is one of the flyers for Capcom's CP System (CPS) arcade hardware, featuring Daimakaimura aka Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

the two pics of Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the left side look like they're from an early revision of the game. look at the 2 guillotines. It looks like they have bolts or something on the sides instead of the skulls that are in the released version, here

the 2nd pic, on the hill with the pitch-fork holding pigs and the flower, it looks like the flower is launching an some kind of arc of projectiles instead of the 3 skulls they launch with each attack.

sort of interesting I guess...

something even more interesting, screens of Ghouls and Ghosts 3 from 1990 for the Super Famicom.
this is an early version of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

lots of stuff changed or got removed as G&G3 became SGnG.
MathUser2929

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont recognize those trolls with the clubs.
AirRaid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deespence2929 wrote:
I dont recognize those trolls with the clubs.

of course, they were totally removed from Super Ghouls n Ghosts, replaced with zombies.

other differences:

the little vine plant creatures with teeth coming out of the demon towers. the blue vase(s), in the foreground, the tree stump with rope tied around it, and whatever it was that is red in the background. all these things were removed.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Daimakaimura ~ Ghouls 'n Ghosts arcade beta screens? Reply with quote

AirRaid wrote:
never noticed this before:

this is one of the flyers for Capcom's CP System (CPS) arcade hardware, featuring Daimakaimura aka Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

Hmm, the last pic shows Arthur in his usual armor, but with the Magic meter on screen... And also, the first pic seems to be showing an "R" below the "P" for "TOP SCORE". Wierd.

I wonder if there might be any of this stuff buried among the game's graphics, waiting to be discovered.
AirRaid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah, I didn't notice the magic meter present while Arthur has his regular armor.

I'd love to be able to play the betas of both arcade Ghouls n Ghosts and SFC GnG3 / SGnG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: