Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Ace's First Theorem of Lost Levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked Shoot 'Em Up, that's one of the examples i use when i say i like bad movies...

Crank, The Transporter, Cloverfield... i liked them all.

My friend and i went to a movie rental place and saw a movie with Lou Diamond Phillips, Ron Perlman, and Christopher Lambert. If it hadn't been on VHS, we would have bought it on the spot.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

= )
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:
I like your theorem. It's well-founded and interesting. Furthermore I find that your postulation that we cannot stay on topic for more than 10 posts is intriguing and leads me to think of how the ALF Animated Show derailed from it's original source show. You see, in the original show ALF's character was much different than that of the character portrayed in the Animated spin-off. It seems that they too, could not stay on topic with their own material. And whats up with the intro song for ALF's animated series? I mean, it's rather offputting and out of place. Here's an interesting reworking of the original ALF series intro, edited in a sort of video remix fashion. It works pretty well:
http://www.fatalfarm.com/tvthemes/FFALF.mov

Plus ALF's joke about Pirates of the Carribean works well today as the films have become a large part of modern pop culture, and thoughts of the theme park attraction become irrelevant in the face of this. I thought the 3rd film was a bit of a silly departure from the first two, but overall enjoyable. Johnny Depp is a versatile actor regardless, as seen in his colorful career. It would be interesting to see him portray the father figure in a modern retelling of ALF.

FAIL
LocalH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
= )

i see what you did there
handofg0d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
FAIL

The problem was it reeked of effort Sad
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:
kap wrote:
FAIL

The problem was it reeked of effort :(

Heh, indeed. It was a valiant try, but that effort just stunk it all up.
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we need someone to analyze how long does a thread take to get back on topic or just die
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:

FAIL

Just wanted an excuse to post this pic...
neomerge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
I actually liked Shoot 'Em Up, that's one of the examples i use when i say i like bad movies...

My friend and i went to a movie rental place and saw a movie with Lou Diamond Phillips, Ron Perlman, and Christopher Lambert. If it hadn't been on VHS, we would have bought it on the spot.

Yeah I thought Shoot Em' Up was good too. Tons of crazy over the top action all the way through the movie.. thebagofsand said it was stupid because it was so unrealistic. I say don't watch any movies if you feel that way.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_bag_of_sand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomerge wrote:
ProgrammingAce wrote:

Yeah I thought Shoot Em' Up was good too. Tons of crazy over the top action all the way through the movie.. thebagofsand said it was stupid because it was so unrealistic. I say don't watch any movies if you feel that way.

I said it was silly because way you described the movie to me before I saw it, made it sound like the second coming of Christ. I was really disappointed in it. I liked it, but the you over hyped the movie, saying it was the greatest action movie you had ever seen. It was an alright movie, not the "greatest action movie ever made" as you put it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_bag_of_sand wrote:
neomerge wrote:
ProgrammingAce wrote:

I said it was silly because way you described the movie to me before I saw it, made it sound like the second coming of Christ. I was really disappointed in it. I liked it, but the you over hyped the movie, saying it was the greatest action movie you had ever seen. It was an alright movie, not the "greatest action movie ever made" as you put it.

You know, "greatest action movie of all time" was how at least a few people described True Lies back in the day too. It wasn't bad or anything, but Jesus, making it mainstream and different enough from your standard ALL SERIOUS action movie plot sure as hell didn't make it the greatest anything.

And, I think, that said, Crank and Shoot Em' Up to me are very similar as goofy, B-level action comedies, but I enjoyed Crank way more for whatever reason. Felt almost like Shoot Em' Up was trying too hard to be cool, whereas Crank was a more unapologetic 'here's a bunch of stupid action!'

Now to go back to bed, fuckers better not wake me up again.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the rule about the first post of the third page?

-Rob
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
So what's the rule about the first post of the third page?

-Rob

It generally comes about 18 months after the last post of the second page.
neomerge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_bag_of_sand wrote:
neomerge wrote:
ProgrammingAce wrote:

I never said it was the "greatest action movie ever made." I just said that that basically the whole movie was all action and it was awesome. I didn't think you liked it one bit considering you said "that movie sucked" after we saw it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: