Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

T.Hashishita

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdomino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: T.Hashishita Reply with quote

i've been wondering about this. who the balls is this person? he seems to be the only person ever credited by name on the title screen of a nintendo game (that being nes volleyball), no one else had that honour. not even miyamoto. did he just develop the whole game on his own, or what? i also seem to remember seeing the name in something else, but fucked if i can remember what it was. and for some reason i associate the name with pax softonica, but that might just be because they both made nintendo sports games (i think?)
etabeta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomoshige hashishita, probably worked at pax softonica indeed. he's credited for Ice Hockey and Time Twist ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Twist:_Rekishi_no_Katasumi_de... ) as well

not many more informations after a (not so careful) google search
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Pax Softonica? Can't say I've ever heard that name.

-Rob
etabeta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if it was internal to Nintendo or not (like rare during the N64 era) but they programmed quite a lot of NES titles (Intelligent Systems and HAL Laboratories being other societies responsible for titles usually credited to Nintendo only) and many GB titles. e.g. they're responsible for Donkey Kong, Balloon Fighter and Wave Race on GB...
handofg0d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were also the developer for Hajimari no Mori on the SNES (specifically it was released only for the Nintendo Power cartridges).

Hajimari no Mori is a text based adventure game that is the spiritual predecessor to Dobutsu no Mori (aka Animal Crossing), in that you take on the role of a young boy who travels to a village inside a forest. The gameplay however, more reflects that of another Pax Softonica title Shin Onigashima, which is loosely related to Time Twist by the way. Shin Onigashima is another text based adventure game (released for the FDS, then remade for the BS:SFC, and later the GBA and VC saw ports of the FDS version) which is heavily based on traditional Japanese fairy tales. It also has some of the most kickass music featured in Smash Bros. Brawl (track Q08 for those who downloaded the soundtrack rip).

I'm fairly certain Pax Softonica was a 1st party developer for Nintendo, if not definitely 2nd party (obviously).
ICEknight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, wasn't there a Pax Softonica logo within the graphics for the original Donkey Kong arcade?
etabeta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:
I'm fairly certain Pax Softonica was a 1st party developer for Nintendo, if not definitely 2nd party (obviously).

my only doubt is that they also worked (during the NES/GB era) with publishers like Vap and a bunch of others (I'm at work, so I don't have here any notes on which games they did)

but it could be as in the HAL Laboratory case: they produced Lolo outside Nintendo, but worked with/in Nintendo both before and later...

I really have no idea about how Nintendo dealt with 1st/2nd parties back then...
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICEknight wrote:
Also, wasn't there a Pax Softonica logo within the graphics for the original Donkey Kong arcade?

There's a little oval with "ITC" inside, is that what you're talking about?
GDRI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICEknight wrote:

That was Ikegami Tsushinki, the company behind many of Nintendo's arcade games (and a couple Sega ones, too).

In the Ikegami entry I linked to above, I mention a company called Iwasaki Giken. I've written up a theory about how it may have been at least partially responsible for Intelligent Systems.

Pax Softonica did some games for the MSX1. And here is a page in Japanese about Pax.
handofg0d

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering why there isn't a Pax Softonica entry on GDRI.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDRI wrote:
ICEknight wrote:

That was Ikegami Tsushinki

Oops, that's right.
GDRI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hmmm...

- Pax Softonica was started in 1983.
- Hashishita heads up a company called Softnica, started in 1987.

According to Hashishita's profile:
"1987 May From this, Pax Softonica (Incundefined) with belonging
exclusively contract is done."

I guess this means Softnica had a contract with Pax Softonica.

"1999 December Pax Softonica (Incundefined) with the
responsibility of achievement deterioration quitting work"

2. Here's a page featuring PC-6001 games from Pax Softonica. They even dabbled in some adult stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: