Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

The Itchy & Scratchy Game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheerio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: The Itchy & Scratchy Game? Reply with quote

For the Genesis, this is just a review copy that was dumped right? I don't see an official release anywhere even though Andrew Krieg has it on his list.
http://my.execpc.com/~krieg/links/sega.lib
Maybe he's confused with the Game Gear version.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just gonna post about this game, since the dumped Genesis ROM refuses to give me an ending after defeating the final boss. I've defeated it two times already and the scene just stays the same, so it can't be a one-time bug.

Not that it's a great game, but it's kind of a mystery that nobody seems to have ever seen the Genesis version physically, and now it looks like the known ROM could be just a prototype...

If I remember correctly, it has many animations that were censored for the SNES release, by the way.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the code/graphics been looked at? Maybe the ending is there but like CHeetahmen, can't be accessed.

-Rob
Death Adder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

ICEknight wrote:
I was just gonna post about this game, since the dumped Genesis ROM refuses to give me an ending after defeating the final boss.

You must create a cheat to skip ahead to the final level, as the second-to-last boss' programming isn't completely finished.

The ending is a single screen of credits.

Project2612.org has hosted my VGM rip of the game's full soundtrack since May of 2006.

ICEknight wrote:
it's kind of a mystery that nobody seems to have ever seen the Genesis version physically

Because it was cancelled and never finished / released for the Genesis.

ICEknight wrote:
it looks like the known ROM could be just a prototype...

This is correct.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's nice to finally read a confirmation after all these years. Thanks for the info!
goldenband

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total necrobump, but: I recently won a repro cart of The Itchy & Scratchy Game in a contest, and my cart had the same bug.

However, the ROM in GoodGen works fine. Using an EverDrive on real hardware (Model 2 Genesis), I was able to clear the bulldozer level with no problems and beat the game twice.

I'm trying to find out whether someone patched it, or whether there were two different protos. Anyone have any idea/information?

I don't have an electronic copy of the "bad" ROM, but I've messaged the repro maker. If he sends it to me, or if I can find the unbeatable ROM somewhere else, then I'll see what the diffs are.

BTW, the MD5 I obtained of the working ROM (using OS X's md5 command) is 64f51f149825ee44aa36bcbaea55e961.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: