Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Identity of Megaman musician?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Identity of Megaman musician? Reply with quote

I know he's Yuki-chan's Papa, but I want to know more. What other games has he worked on? Anything more modern?
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were several different Mega Man composers over the years. The primary composer of the first game was Manami "Chanchacobin" Matsumae. What about "Yuukichan's Papa" stands out as more intriguing than say "Mari" or the ubiquitous "Bun Bun"?
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever did the music for many of Capcom's second-generation SNES games needs to be shot. Mega Man X3 makes me want to rip my ears out.

Anyhoo.

http://gmi.rocketbaby.net/pccb99.html

He's in the picture where it says "Alph Lyra". Apparently he played the S-Key, whatever that is, I'm guessing it's that keyboard-guitar thing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Bun Bun. David was asking about Yuki-chan's Papa. Also, Gravity Beetle's music is fucking awesome.
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I came down with a case of retard, and for some reason thought all the 8-bit stuff was by Y-CP. I guess the name was catchier for me. Somebody should do something like IMDB for video games...
Anyways, I was asking as I remember how weirded-out I was when I found out that Darius Gaiden's music was by the same folks (Zuntata) who did Bubble Bobble. I was hoping I could find something similarly jaw-dropping from Megaman folks.
Quote:
He's in the picture where it says "Alph Lyra".

Ooh! I've heard that SFII medley! Good stuff. Wow, I need to use those lyrics to Captain Commando to irritate those around me.

[edit]
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS! An arrange of Megaman 2's ED?!?!? http://gmi.rocketbaby.net/capcom003.html
Who must I murder to get these CDs?
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidDurica wrote:
Somebody should do something like IMDB for video games...
[edit]
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS! An arrange of Megaman 2's ED?!?!? http://gmi.rocketbaby.net/capcom003.html

The closest thing to the IMDB for video games is Moby Games... and there are a few Japanese sites that deal with those things too. I found a site that has information on all Neo-Geo Soundtrack CDs, with tracklists, performers, and vocalists / voice actors.

Oh, and that Mega Man 2 CD? I have it. I've had it for years now. Actually there are two CDs:

Quote:
I:\Music\Video Game Soundtracks\Capcom\Rockman Special CD Vol. 1>dir /B /ON
01 - Rockman (Cutman) ~ Red Hot Paradise ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.1 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
02 - Rockman 2 (Ending) ~ The Ending Battle Dust ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.1 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
03 - Rockman 3 (Sparkman) ~ Spark of Sorcery ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.1 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
04 - Rockman 4 (Skullman) ~ Soldier of the Underworld ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.1 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
05 - Rockman 5 (Stoneman) ~ Strange Stone Puppet ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.1 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3

Quote:
I:\Music\Video Game Soundtracks\Capcom\Rockman Special CD Vol. 2>dir /B /ON
01 - Rockman 5 (Waveman) ~ Fly Me to the Sunshine ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.2 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
02 - Rockman (Gutsman) ~ Crush Out ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.2 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
03 - Rockman 3 (Magnetman) ~ Shall We Go on a Magnetic Continuous Tour Pleasent Traveling Forever... ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.2 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
04 - Rockman 4 (Ringman) ~ Frolic Funk Dance ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.2 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
05 - Rockman6 (Windman) ~ Fourth Wind ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.2 ~ Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3
06 - Rockman 4 (Dr. Wily) ~ Find My Way to the Top ~ [Rockman Special CD Vol.2 Unsolicited (Rockman Boss Character Prize Collection)].mp3

Oh, who the hell is in charge of this board's settings? 'CODE' turns the text RED, and it doesn't make it monospace... My eyes...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
Oh, who the hell is in charge of this board's settings? 'CODE' turns the text RED, and it doesn't make it monospace... My eyes...

Really? That's odd. We did a hell of a lot of hacking, but I have no idea what would cause THAT.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise fwom yoo gwave!

I was checking out some of the MP3 downloads I have and stumbled upon the Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3 OST; The scans included had pictures of all the people involved in the game's music, but sadly, none of the people mentioned on this thread were there.

However! The scans had this URL:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sound/index.html

I'd guess this is Alph-Lyra's (or what used to be known as Alph-Lyra) website. I poked around but since I can't read Japanese, I dunno what's in there.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
Kitsune wrote:

Really? That's odd. We did a hell of a lot of hacking, but I have no idea what would cause THAT.

It was probably the default color for the "code" tag.

It's supposed to be used for pasting "code" anyway, so tags don't get translated, not for quoting. The monospacing bit is borked, though, yeah.. if it's supposed to do that.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidDurica wrote:
I was asking as I remember how weirded-out I was when I found out that Darius Gaiden's music was by the same folks (Zuntata) who did Bubble Bobble.

Zuntata is often used (sometimes incorrectly) as a catch-all for all of Taito's composers, just as some folks seem to like to credit all Konami music to the Kukeiha Club. It's probable that there are no composers in common between Bubble Bobble and Darius Gaiden.

Quote:
I was hoping I could find something similarly jaw-dropping from Megaman folks.

There have been very few consistent Mega Man composers. Mostly the same bunch worked on the first two games, and Bun Bun composed Mega Man 3 and co-composed 4, but I think that's about it.

Quote:

The two Rockman Special CDs were promotional items and were never available for sale. Even if they were, game music CDs that old would be long out of print and hard to find. If it's any consolation, most of the arrangements aren't very good. If you're set on owning them, your best bet would probably be to just keep scouring Yahoo Japan auctions. Everything turns up on there eventually. You can also find mp3s if you know where to look, but this isn't the place for that.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
http://gmi.rocketbaby.net/pccb99.html

He's in the picture where it says "Alph Lyra".

Also, the woman in the photo of Alph Lyra is Yoko Shimomura, who later left Capcom for Squaresoft. Some of her works for Square include Super Mario RPG, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana and Kingdom Hearts. The only things I know offhand that she did while at Capcom were some of the songs in Street Fighter II and (I think) the arcade version of Little Nemo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: