Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

B.S. Satellaview Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whatthe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: B.S. Satellaview Games Reply with quote

We only took the Mario games but there are Zelda's as well if anyone wants the links.We were recommended this site by retrogamer mag so here we are looking for rare marios etc...
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatthe
Kiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This person seems HEAVILY confused.

(NOTE: the Wrecking Crew '98 ROM going around is a (NP) ROM, NOT a (BS) ROM. As far as I've research, I could not find any proof that Wrecking Crew '98 was ever released on the Satellaview.)
KingMike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe Same Game was BS either.
Same Game was a standard game by Hudson Soft, except that it had an expansion slot for add-on carts (Mario and Tengai Makyo are the ones I remember).
Kiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
I don't believe Same Game was BS either.
Same Game was a standard game by Hudson Soft, except that it had an expansion slot for add-on carts (Mario and Tengai Makyo are the ones I remember).

Actually, the thing with Same Game is that the expansion slot took BS-X Carts.
Expansion data was downloaded from St. Giga and could be run on the cart. The ROMs labeled "BS Same Game Koma Data" and "Same Game Tengai Makyo Data" are examples of data that may have been put up. There's likely to have been more, as well. Other games which behaved like this include Derby Stallion '96, SD Gundam G-NEXT, RPG Tsukuru 2, Sound Novel Tsukuru, and Ongaku Tsukuru Kanaderu,

However, that's referring to the standard SNES Same Game, which isn't even on that list. The picture shown is of Mario Same Game (Not gonna bother listing it's "proper" name), which was distributed separately, and was NOT an expansion cart.

That one is a bit confusing because while the ROM does not seem to be a BS ROM, I've loaded it up with the BIOs in BSNES to actually see "samegame mario" pop up. Could anyone tell me more about how that ROM was dumped and whatnot? I can't find any info on Same Game Mario's cart release. (For reference, I do have a site with a Satellaview schedule which lists a "SameGame Mario", but I'm going with believing the current ROM dump is from a Sample or Debug cartridge.)
sebmal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking for rare marios
Kiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want "rare Marios", BS Super Mario Collection Dai-1-shuu, Dai-2-shuu and Dai-4-shuu are still not ROM dumped. Those are your best bets.

(EDIT: BTW, random, I did a bit of extra research - Undake30 comes up as a Satellaview download (Or a radio show...?) in much of my results, so I do believe it was released on the Satellaview at some point.

EDIT 2: I also found some articles that show a Undake30 cart that looks like a promo or sample cart. I guess that answers my question.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: