Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken sound engine and prototype builds
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B00daW
BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken sound engine and prototype builds Reply with quote

See if you guys can have any fun with this stuff. Smile

I'm just trying to go through my computer right now and distribute anything potentially interesting before another tragedy. Very Happy

This was heisted from Intelligent Systems FTP by anonymous people back in the day, along with some other stuff that I'm looking for.

Edit:

Found the other build.

Now this one is interesting... It was built after the game was released and includes a very extensive debugger menu.

Links removed. -Mod
KingMike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the second is actually a prototype of Seima no Kouseki (The Sacred Stones) built off Rekka no Ken's engine (thus RnK's title and opening movie).
(SnK was released October 7, 2004 in Japan according to GameFAQs)
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boodaw, i'm hearing one of these is FE8 in a very early stage. Is that correct?

(also, I frequented [& got banned quite a bit] from #rareroms back in the day. I was the one who leaked all that bs-x and NP snes stuff from romar back in the day)
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as I said in the reply. :wink:
The one in the second link is FE8 (aka Seima no Kouseiki/The Sacred Stones) in transition state from FE7.
Kiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This release reminds me of the Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken protos Hidden Palace released previously.
SatoT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remove the fe7snd download immediately. I do not know where you got it from, but I was of the original people to obtain the file from its source. As proof, might I direct you to fe7snd/agbfe3/m4adata/goldex3c.mid. Anyone with half a brain will realize this is a song from Pokemon Gold, that Keitaro, the person to discover it in the first place, had used as a test. As such, this was the same distribution of ours, and I would like to know how you got a hold of it as it was never meant to be public under any circumstances what so ever. Please be so kind as to remove it.
B00daW
BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatoT wrote:
Anxiety attack Engrish
I apologize, but an illegitimate obtaining of a development archive is illegitimate just the same. Simply because another unlicensed group of hoarders with "respect" have something they shouldn't doesn't mean that they have any more right to such files.

If Frank or any other mods with post modding privileges deem this topic too dramatic or hot for the good of the majority, I leave it to them to censor it.

Otherwise, I implore others to archive this material for preservation and education when then can.

Also, I will not be distributing it to anyone else if requested.
Tanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have preservation of the files covered. At least 5 TRUSTED people have it and have promised not to release it. Now remove the link or we will have to speak to an admin pertaining this.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken down the links. While I want to see stuff like this released as much as anyone else here, if the people who obtained it want to keep it private, that's their choice and it should be respected.

Buddha, I've been actively looking for a good reason to ban you for a while now. Posting stuff like this that you obtained through questionable methods, then mocking the people who ask you to remove it is not helping your case at all. Screw up again, and you're gone.
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposted on the cult boodaw. Preservation > *
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Buddha, I've been actively looking for a good reason to ban you for a while now.

He just IM'd me and said "tell skrybe to ban me." He also said stuff like "peace is a fucking lost cause between us and that's all i wanted. fuck friends, man" and "it's a bunch of prejudice bullshit about shit that was in the past."

I don't have my emo translation guide handy, but I understood the part where he wanted to be banned, so I guess you should ban him?
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatoT and Tanks, sorry you're upset. As you can see, there are no more links to the files at Lost Levels, I'll leave you to sort things out with PACHUKA.
B00daW
BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! Oh, man. You got me good, Frank. And your translation is fairly correct!

I guess I'll leave you to it, Skrybe.
SatoT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, TheRedEye, I really appreciate it Smile Tanks and myself will further sort things out amongst ourselves and PACHUKA~~
Dais

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, this topic was sad on all counts.
Evan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always a good policy to be respectful, especially considering how illegal our hobby is sometimes.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatoT wrote:
Please remove the fe7snd download immediately. I do not know where you got it from, but I was of the original people to obtain the file from its source. As proof, might I direct you to fe7snd/agbfe3/m4adata/goldex3c.mid. Anyone with half a brain will realize this is a song from Pokemon Gold, that Keitaro, the person to discover it in the first place, had used as a test. As such, this was the same distribution of ours, and I would like to know how you got a hold of it as it was never meant to be public under any circumstances what so ever. Please be so kind as to remove it.

I'm usually try to keep up on threads here, but WTF does this mean? I don't really understand how a midi file creates this kind of mess.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
SatoT wrote:

I'm usually try to keep up on threads here, but WTF does this mean? I don't really understand how a midi file creates this kind of mess.

Beats me. Fire Emblem is kinda boring, so I didn't even look.
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:

No; the MIDI file was proof that this release originated from them (as they put the MIDI in there to test something). The FE7 package itself was released against their wishes by Boodaw, and they used the MID as proof that they created the package and didn't want it released.

In short, the MID itself had no point except to prove who the original holders of this package of data were. The agrument arose over them not wanting the whole package to be relased.

It would be similar to somebody posting ZIP archive with a prototype ROM and a comment saying "Don't release this -- RandomPerson", and RandomPerson showing up and explaining that the download here was not meant to be released.

I hope you got that.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad certain people are so eager to burn bridges just so they can attach their name to an early release like this. The exact same thing happened to me once, and it really hurts having your trust broken like that (not to mention that it reflects really badly on our community). The files were safe, and I'm certain they would have been properly released sooner or later, so what's the point?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: