Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

Tiny Toon Adventures: Defenders of the Universe (PS2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linlhutz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Tiny Toon Adventures: Defenders of the Universe (PS2) Reply with quote

You can read about it and checkout snapshots at Unseen64

You could download it and make your own screenshots as well.

RAR Password: LionelHutz
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is truly interesting and somewhat unexpected. Too bad my only footage capturing device suitable for the PS2 is a horrible USB tuner that hates me...

[edit]
This seems like it's a rather complete game (at least from the initial impression I have from playing the opening part).
Audio is however of very low quality (almost oddly low quality), graphics are rather simple, and there's a lot of odd typos and audio/text inconsistencies. As for the game itself... Unless there's something I'm totally missing... I think I'm starting to see why this thing had a problem seeing the light of day.

[edit2]
I now think my USB tuner hates me so much that it has activated its own built in cloaking device or something. Can't seem to spot it anywhere. Damn.
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

It'd be better if I could run this at more than an average of 6 FPS, but oh well. :)
(only have emu or unmodded PS2)
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be uploading videos as I get through the game. Really need to rerecord the intro, because of the odd framerate issues (mainly caused by the emulator).

You can check out what I do have uploaded here for the people that can't quite get this to work. If I had a modded Playstation 2, I'd be capturing it on actual hardware, but I guess this'll do for now.

Carnivol already mentioned the above regarding the text/audio. Wonder if it's the result of localization (given the game is Japanese produced). Also, I thought it was just the emulator causing the low quality audio, but I guess I'm wrong.

Truthfully, I'm enjoying the game so far. While the graphics are simple, it really does fit the games nature. Though, it would help if they actually had their mouthes moving during when they're talking but that's a minor issue. Controls took some getting used to.

Only bug I've really seen so far was sometimes you can't pick up items that are on the ground. Amount of points (or money technically) you get comes up over the item but doesn't actually register and stays there.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChibiGoku wrote:
I'll be uploading videos as I get through the game. Really need to rerecord the intro, because of the odd framerate issues (mainly caused by the emulator).

You can check out what I do have uploaded here for the people that can't quite get this to work. If I had a modded Playstation 2, I'd be capturing it on actual hardware, but I guess this'll do for now.

Carnivol already mentioned the above regarding the text/audio. Wonder if it's the result of localization (given the game is Japanese produced). Also, I thought it was just the emulator causing the low quality audio, but I guess I'm wrong.

Truthfully, I'm enjoying the game so far. While the graphics are simple, it really does fit the games nature. Though, it would help if they actually had their mouthes moving during when they're talking but that's a minor issue. Controls took some getting used to.

Only bug I've really seen so far was sometimes you can't pick up items that are on the ground. Amount of points (or money technically) you get comes up over the item but doesn't actually register and stays there.

Why aren't you using Buster's gun in the videos?
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:

Why aren't you using Buster's gun in the videos?

Honestly, it's more fun not to use the gun. Though, I did truthfully forget about it when I was playing through this most of the time. Probably got lost in the moment, like I normally due to a game I've never played before. It's also easier for me to just grab an enemy and toss it (or toss an object at one), since there's a delay in time between Buster aiming and firing (though, you can do a normal shot without charging, but it appears to do as much damage as any normal item). Sometimes the enemy will move out of the way as a result.

I actually did start to use the gun more often in the next area after those videos, due to the higher amount of health the enemies had and using the items in the surrounding area weren't quite cutting it. So you should see me using that more often once I upload those (provided the recording software doesn't bork again...).

In anycase, I'm just trying to have as much fun as I can with this while making videos. It's my first time playing through the game and I'm just like any new player. =P
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChibiGoku wrote:

Well, this already looks better than Buster's Bad Dream.

One question: Is this a CD-based or DVD-based PS2 game?
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If filesize is an indicator, I'd suspect CD.
Mad Mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is CD.

Mr. Hutz, I had to sign up to express my deep appreciation for the ability too play this game. Are you the one who ripped it? How did it come to become available after all these years? Or can such a question be answered? At any rate, I'm a huge Treasure fan and am having a wonderful time with the game.
Jurai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mage wrote:
It is CD.

Mr. Hutz, I had to sign up to express my deep appreciation for the ability too play this game. Are you the one who ripped it? How did it come to become available after all these years? Or can such a question be answered? At any rate, I'm a huge Treasure fan and am having a wonderful time with the game.

I seem to recall it showing up on ebay, or a collectors selling list
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been copies floating around for years, but nobody wanted to dump it because the developers kept saying they were going to release the final product.

I think it's fairly safe to say it will never see retail at this point.
Mad Mage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. I guess it makes sense that here would be preview copies or something out there. Well, my sincerest thanks to whoever dumped it, since yeah, this sucker's not ever coming out officially.
Bartman3010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they get Charlie Addler to do the voice of Buster Bunny? I thought he got fed up with them and didnt want anything to do with Tiny Toons ever again. Unless they got another sound-alike to do Buster...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: