Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

Mike Tyson's Intergalactic Power Rapist (NES)(Unreleased)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Mike Tyson's Intergalactic Power Rapist (NES)(Unreleased) Reply with quote

Removed. I don't wish to be part of yesteryear's scene. Peace.

Last edited by PACHUKA on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? This is the game you're going to choose to be a jackass over? They paid $1,500 bucks to get this rom out. The title screen was a condition of the owner.

The game isn't even any good.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one big late april fools prank.

Watch the video again and you'll notice that the game has an "April 2009" copyright date on it.

Also, the original released game (Power Punch 2), doesn't have the horizontal background correctly aligned with the screen resolution (as usual with many late NES games) but this alleged beta game does, which is weird. Why would a beta game be able to do stuff the final version didn't?

In addition, if you watch the intro of the game, you'll notice that some of the dialogue seems too "current" and nothing like what NES games did back in those days.

And lastly, why would anyone pay (probably a lot of cash) for a beta rom, dump it to be able to make reproduction carts out of it AND on top of that release it to the public? It makes no sense. If you release it to the public for free then no one will pay for a repro cart. You would at least first give it a couple months of selling some copies before you release it to the public for free, don't you think?

I believe someone released this game April 1st as a joke, people found out it much later and thought it was real. Since it April 1st had already passed, they assumed it was the real deal.

Unless the so called rom dumper comes forward and admits it's a real beta rom and that he made changes to, I (and many others across forums) will take it as a very well done hoax.
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
Seriously? This is the game you're going to choose to be a jackass over? They paid $1,500 bucks to get this rom out. The title screen was a condition of the owner.

Do you ever have anything constructive to say? Oh yeah, no you don't. And if the game ain't no good, why not shut the fuck up and go take a dump on another thread. Thx.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Tysos'n Intergalactic Power Rapist (NES)(Unreleased Reply with quote

PACHUKA wrote:
This was just released somewhere I won't mention because they took a big old steamy shit on the title screen, which I fixed. Enjoy.

NintendoAge didn't stick that bit of text in blank space, they overwrote some text identifying the build, so just taking their message out doesn't exactly "fix" the rom.
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm working on that now. I've almost gotten it fixed up correctly.

Edit: actually I'll hold off and let another hacker who can do it cleaner take care of it. I'd rather there be less shit copies if possible. It'll get done eventually, that much I'm sure of, it may as well be done by someone who can polish it correctly.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Between NintendoAge's copyright removal hack, your current hack, your upcoming "fixed" hack, and a similar hack done on the NintendoAge Forums, we now have four ROMs for one single game, none of which are the original. Thanks a lot. Confusing people who want to know what the "real" version is does so, so much to help preserve a game, and creating a false sense of security by claiming to have restored the game to its original state (with zero proof or frame of reference) will certainly help us one day get the actual, clean ROM properly archived.

Good work. Keep up the xtreme badass "outlaw" attitude, it benefits us so much, brings communities together and really moves game preservation forward. Surely the most efficient way to get things done and be a proper archivist is to alienate the groups and people that have what you want, and to deface already defaced code. Bravo.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACHUKA wrote:
ProgrammingAce wrote:

Do you ever have anything constructive to say? Oh yeah, no you don't. And if the game ain't no good, why not shut the fuck up and go take a dump on another thread. Thx.

Really? This coming from the guy who ripped all the images off my site? You haven't the slightest idea how many of the things you host on your pirate-ass website that only became public because i decided to help. You have no idea how many games i've rebuilt because the master copies are corrupt.

I always thought you were an asshole, but i did it to help people like DRX. Now you're taking a pretty good piss in that pool. Next time DRX comes asking for help, i'm going to tell him he can go fuck himself because you take a giant shit on everything you see.
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Go fuck yourself. Chump. I've released a lot myself, but I don't go out of my way to get attention for myself. I do it to distribute it. I have this whole "preserve the past" thing happening. If you need that much attention, I suggest you seek some type of counseling to help you with your issues. Perhaps it's time to call mom&pop and ask why there was a lack of hugs. D=
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you know what? I'm not the one who's a convicted felon.

Maybe you're the one who should probably seek professional help.

http://info.sonicretro.org/PACHUKA
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. YOU GOT ME. Way to use something completely seperate from the conversation as an argument tool. Good job. Next you can call my mom fat, me gay, and tell me my father is a sissy. Yawn. How about we skip the rest of the conversation. We'll pretend I did some funny photoshops, you pissed and cried more, and then Redeye runs through, tells us to take it elsewhere & locks the topic. Wake me when it's over. How about instead of crapping up this topic, you go crap up my PM box. I swear I'll read them. Promise.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is going to get locked quickly.

ReyVGM: The game is definitely real. DreamTR has owned it for a long time. Even showed us pictures of it years ago. He can easily prove he owns it, if that many people think its fake. As to that horizontal background thing, beats me. Power Punch II doesn't exactly strike me as being a very well made title. I'm also not really sure what you mean by the dialog being too "current".

Last edited by ArnoldRimmer83 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't want to contribute here anymore, could you just lock this redye?
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACHUKA wrote:
Actually, I don't want to contribute here anymore, could you just lock this redye?

Sure.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: