Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 am

Hokusai I2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NGFLK95A

Here you go folks, enjoy. And remember, you need a Game Doctor of some sort for many of them. And, of course, discuss.

-Rob
gilbert cheung

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Megaupload has blocked access from Hong Kong for some time now (which is odd as they should take care of the Mainland first), so I cannot grab it (unless I use a proxy to try again later at home).
Tongueman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishojo Control is a Hacker game, I think.

Of course, that Doki Doki Panic hack is missing the final "DUMMY-DT" 6-byte file on the 2nd side of the disk. Copy that file from a proper dump of DDP, and change the # of files on the 2nd side, and it'll boot fine.

The hacked characters are cheaply done... The 1st and 2nd characters are Konami Man and Konami Lady from Wai Wai World; the 3rd, I dunno, looks like Fuuma from Getsufuumaden (but a bit chunkier), and the 4th is Mario, of course. The icon for the 3rd character is just Mario's head, and the 4th, Fuuma, so the hacker made a mistake and switched the 3rd and 4th icons compared to their crouching images in-game.
gilbert cheung

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. I don't recall playing this hack. Maybe that disk was from the stuff abandoned by my friend and had them given to me (which by that time my system was also dying and I probably didn't have a chance to try them out Crying or Very sad).
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert, if you are still having trouble with it, even using a proxy, I can email it to you. Just let me know.

-Rob
gilbert cheung

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks. That'd save me some troubles. I'll pm you my email address. (Actually I wouldn't mind showing it in public, but as the default settings of these boards is to hide the address, I'll just keep it this way atm.)
KingMike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDP hack with the copy-protection added.
Additionally I included a hack where I deleted the save data (simply find the "SAVE-DAT" file at the end of side A and change the 7Fs to zero).

Sorry for using mega upload, but the only alternate I know of is rapidshare, but it only allows like 10 downloads so it's kinda useless.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E7553SRN
Kiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, gilbert, are you familiar with the old Hong Kong Famicom ads?

A few were upped on Youtube, not the best quality but to give an idea;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AcjGAMJ3Io

I thought the Disk System ad portion was strange because the way the video was edited practically gave the impression that Super Mario Bros. 3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game, and Mega Man 3 had FDS versions. Which sounds nuts. o.o

I was wondering if in fact there were any sort fo things like this, licensed or no?
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert doesn't have access to Youtube, being behind the great firewall and all, I believe.

-Rob
gilbert cheung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Odd. I think I have seen that ad on TV before, but I didn't notice what it's actually showing until you pointed that out.

As I mentioned, thanks to the FDS units, game copiers such as Game Doctors and Game Converters were very, very popular back in the days, but even then TV ads of game copiers tried not to get too far into it. They never advertised about how you could play pirated cart games on these copiers. Instead, they just mentioned that these devices could 1. act as an pass-through connector to provide protection for the original slot on the Famicom and 2. act as a cheat device to provide functions such as invincibility and slow-mo (some models had cheat code function such as PAR built in and sometimes you can just use hacked games).

Now, back to the topic. It would be rather strange that TV ads of the official Famicom would make implications that you can play pirated games with the FDS. Maybe they're just saying something like "The Famicom, together with a FDS unit, can play a large variety of cart and disk card, such as these games..." (I'm at work atm so I cannot hear what it was saying in the ad; I'll try to listen to it at home later). However, I do remember that one main sales point in releasing the Famicom officially here was the already established FDS user group and original disks were actually sold here but they were very rare, so Nintendo (or, more probably, the authorised dealer) should already be aware of the pirating acts on the FDS games and the cart games with game copiers. Maybe they didn't care about it and just wanted to sell more units of the hardware (the official Famicom was released quite late in the system's life-cycle).

BTW, @Rob: I've got the email already. Thanks!

Actually I have access to youtube. Hong Kong is mostly a free place, unlike the Mainland China, where the government themselves put a block on certain websites. The blocking of Megaupload is an odd case here, as it's Megaupload itself who blocks access from here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: