Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm

Official Tomba!/Tombi! 3 Petition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
T3Petition

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Official Tomba!/Tombi! 3 Petition Reply with quote

Hi!
Finally there is online an official and true petition for Tomba!/Tombi! 3!
This petition is to PlatinumGames Inc, where Tokuro Fujiwara, father of Tomba! series and ex-president of Whoopee Camp, is currently working.
If you are a true Tomba series’s fan, please sign it!
I have already post this message in other 15 sites. It would be great if, for each signature, the signer linked and posted at least in 2-3 different sites, forums or other, this message with “COPY AND PASTE” option, to form a buzz, a chain on the web!
If you have a forum or are a part of a community post the link there as well, or even if you have a Facebook, ask your friends to sign it and spread the word as well; use all means you now!
Please help me gain 50,000 signatures to have the third Tomba!/Tombi!

HERE THE PETITION LINK (spread it and this message):
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/tomba3/

Signed,
T3Petition

Email Address: t3petition@gmail.com
ICEknight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Tomba!/Tombi! 3 Petition Reply with quote

T3Petition wrote:
official and true

Neutral
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

tl;dr version: no one is going to make a video game because you petitioned them to.
billscat-socks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Tomba 2 I wouldn't have high hopes for the quality of a third game, though it wasn't all THAT bad. It had a better soundtrack overseas than in the JP version.

Tomba is like Gex to me. It had its run and I'd rather not see them do to it like what happened with Crash Bandicoot. Last thing we need is Tomba redesigned with a wigger attitude Laughing
handofg0d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, you should sign my official shenmue 3 petition to sega its 100% official and true. if 50,000 people sign it then they will make it.
I am Christina Aguilera

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:
guys, you should sign my official shenmue 3 petition to sega its 100% official and true. if 50,000 people sign it then they will make it.

Why bother, thanks to Yu Suzuki we already know now how it was supposed to have ended anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0KojxIvmQ
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you were to get 50,000 people to each pay Platnum $500, it still wouldn't be enough to finance development on a modern game... Doubt it would pay for a modern handheld game.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Christina Aguilera wrote:
handofg0d wrote:

Why bother, thanks to Yu Suzuki we already know now how it was supposed to have ended anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0KojxIvmQ

I never knew what I'd been missing all these years.
Mustard Broach

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
Even if you were to get 50,000 people to each pay Platnum $500, it still wouldn't be enough to finance development on a modern game... Doubt it would pay for a modern handheld game.

I'm pretty sure twenty-five million dollars would easily finance a modern game. Picking Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 at random, it looks to have had a development budget of $40 to $50 million. I don't think a Tomba sequel would require anywhere near the amount of resources that MW2 required.

(Granted, MW2 had a massive advertising budget on top of the development budget, but that's because they knew there was money to be made. If a company was already being paid for the development of a game to the point where selling a single copy would result in profit, they obviously won't need to market it very hard.)
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think Whoopee Camp is still around to make a Tomba! 3, even if there was a wide demand. I loved the first game, and actually own a copy. Never played the second one because I think the switch to 3D defeated the purpose, but I've heard it's worth playing.

Here's hoping the two will at least find their way to PlayStation Network. I'm sure Sony still owns the rights to Tomba! to make it happen. That's the only way I see interest being generated for a Tomba! 3, and even then, you'd be lucky to see a fraction of the same staff involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: