Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:29 pm

Project Cairo - 64DD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlcice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Project Cairo - 64DD Reply with quote

I've been playing Shadow Madness on PSX lately, and it made me curious about its development. Seems like it had kind of a checkered past. When doing some research, I found out that Craveyard announced a 64DD game called Project Cairo that seems to have disappeared right after: http://ign64.ign.com/articles/061/061463p1.html

Anyone know if any media was ever released? I'm wondering if Project Cairo is the same game as Shadow Madness, before a big platform/thematic switch, or a separate project. I know that Shadow Madness was originally titled Worlds Within when it was still a Square project (source) but multiple namechanges wouldn't be out of the question.

(PS: "We think the art in the game is as good as if not better than that in Final Fantasy VII." didn't quite pan out...)
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer your question about Project Cairo, but, is Shadow Madness any good? I bought the game when it first came out, and it starts out so bland that I don't think I ever put more than half an hour into it, tops.
Vlcice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's fair enough. It actually does get better, but it's pretty mixed. The core story is too cliché, but Ted Woolsey's writing makes a lot of the moment-to-moment dialogue more charming. It doesn't help that the gameplay is really unpolished. I found it's worth playing, but it's not a great game by any means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: