Snes Central Unreleased Games Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article. I like it.
Evan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New unreleased game leaked on the Internet, Firearm!

http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0959
billscat-socks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about bad way of leaking it Laughing That guy didn't sound like he cared about prototypes or even owned it, yet someone with the game dumped it and decided to give it to him to leak. And he only shares it on one message board. This probably could have gone under the radar unnoticed for quite awhile.

Thanks for sharing!
Evan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding. If someone hadn't sent it to me, I probably would never have known about it.
TEOL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
Akira
;replanned for Nintendo (Ultra) 64 and cancelled for that, too

It was released in the end on the AMIGA computer. It was bad, you are riding a motorcycle and have to jump obstacles along with bad hit detection and fuel running out too quick. Laughing
Youloute

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the Nes version, Akira on Amiga /AmigaCD 32 isn't the game which was meant to be released on Mega Drive/Mega-CD/SuperNes. It has been developed by Ice. THQ hasn't been involved in this version. Though, there are a few motorbike and platforms levels in it.
I know a guy who are trying to contact one of the developer of the game for a little interview. I'll let you know if he gives an answer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heared there was some sweedish magazine that had a picture of Super Mario FX
Evan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until said Swedish magazine is scanned and given to me, I refuse to acknowledge Super Mario FX. All supposed references to this supposed game turned out to be referencing Star Fox 2.
Celine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan wrote:
Until said Swedish magazine is scanned and given to me, I refuse to acknowledge Super Mario FX. All supposed references to this supposed game turned out to be referencing Star Fox 2.

I suppose you mean all the reference in mags cause I thought the prototype was officially acknowledged by Nintendo.
Evan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything stated about Super Mario FX has been pure hearsay. Basically what happened is some person posted speculation about Super Mario FX on a blog one time, it was referenced by Wikipedia, and that in turn was referenced by IGN. Now, that blog is gone, and now the page on Wikipedia references the IGN page. Really, the Wikipedia page should be deleted, because it contains no actual verified information, and everyone references it as proof that the game was in development. If you look at the Wikipedia page they reference this interview from Nintendo Power, which only says he gained ideas for Super Mario 64 during the development of Star Fox. That does not confirm that any 3D Mario game was in development for the SNES. In fact, it basically says they designed the N64 hardware to make Super Mario 64. The other thing Wikipedia references is said IGN page, which is not a real source.

As stated in my article, many elements of Star Fox 2 were incorporated into Super Mario 64, but there is no evidence they actually had a 3D Mario game in development on the SNES.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That IGN description even makes up bullshit about a supposed five-year development cycle. Which five years could those possibly even be? There's barely even three years between the release of Star Fox and Mario 64! Does Nintendo EVER do five-year cycles, even now?
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
Wow! That IGN description even makes up bullshit about a supposed five-year development cycle. Which five years could those possibly even be? There's barely even three years between the release of Star Fox and Mario 64! Does Nintendo EVER do five-year cycles, even now?

Quote:
Wii Release date

Original model:
NA November 19, 2006

Funny you ask that, it's been exactly five years since.
KingMike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Wikipedia, the DS is seven years old today.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about software, Nintendo would never have a big project go on five years, especially not back then. Did ANY game take five years to make in the early 1990s? 5 years of dedicated work, not on again off again stuff.
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on Twitter today, and I sent a link to my Star Fox 2 article to Dylan Cuthbert. Here is what he said:

Quote:
@snescentral interesting article, the beta leaked out of Argonaut's collapse though because I know there is another unleaked rom after that

@snescentral we used the real final rom (with proper random encounters) to do research before making StarFox Command

@snescentral ie. every time you play the game the pattern of attacks and encounters were designed to be different

So, the "final" beta that was leaked is actually not the final version of the game. Interesting.
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, because people keep talking about it, I made an article on Super Mario FX. All signs point to this being a rumour started up on the Cherryroms forums years ago.

http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=1032

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! All beacuse of me, he wrote an article! Wow! I'm special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Oh, I was reasrcing it, and I found the link to the scan! Scroll to Freede's post. http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?t=198
mrdomino

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan wrote:
Also, because people keep talking about it, I made an article on Super Mario FX. All signs point to this being a rumour started up on the Cherryroms forums years ago.

http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=1032

I'm sure I recall N64/NGC magazine mentioning it before then, but it may well have been later, I'm not exactly sure - I've since given away all my issues of that magazine so I can't check. If I remember it was in some kind of "family tree" of the Mario series and it was accompanied by a screenshot of FX Fighter (I guess the PC version?) as an example of what the hardware might have been capable of. Though of course that doesn't mean it ever existed, it just means the rumours might have been kicking around longer than 2003/4.
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

647 wrote:
Wow! All beacuse of me, he wrote an article! Wow! I'm special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: Oh, I was reasrcing it, and I found the link to the scan! Scroll to Freede's post. http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?t=198

I didn't write the article because of you. Some guy on IRC yesterday was talking about it, and I said it didn't exist. So I decided to ask Dylan Cuthbert about it, and he gave it a negative. This is something I have been planning to do long before you posted your nonsense.

BTW, the scan of the article is a broken link. If you read my article, I have the translated quote in it. :p
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Swedish Magazine" would be either Nintendo Magasinet or Super Play/Power Player (the rebranding of the mag when they branched out to cover non-Nintendo platforms).

As for actual pictures of this supposed Mario FX thing; NONE. Can't recall ever seeing anything there. I don't have all the mags, but I did have a subscription and I've posted lots of pics/scans of early and/or unreleased game footage from it here on the boards and other places.

Most of their "big" stuff came from either their own visits to electronic/game shows, Nintendo Power or several other larger magazines from different regions (such as Famitsu).

Pretty sure I've probably mentioned it before too, but if my memory serves me right regarding the whole "Mario FX" game thing, the rumor that was featured in some mags about it (with no accompanying pictures) was that it was a tech demo (platform "supposedly" being SNES) of a polygon Mario in some sort of open space/field/area/room that was able to interact with a box placed at the center of this play area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: