Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Casey Duck: Butter Duck official anticipation thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Casey Duck: Butter Duck official anticipation thread Reply with quote

The original thread was getting way out of hand with unsubstantiated rumors console warriors ruining our discussion. Since the original poster disappeared under mysterious circumstances and couldn't update the thread, I thought we should start a new one with all of the current information as we know it.

What is Casey Duck: Butter Duck?

I want to make one thing clear: do not trust anything you read about this game unless it's directly from the publisher, Zyqued Games. For now, the only real explanation comes from the official website, and is as follows:

Zyqued Games wrote:
Casey Duck : Butter Duck is a fun mobile game, starring Casey Duck and his quest for his butter. It’s a silly adventure, a cute tilt-based cartoon game for kids and kids at heart. It is a casual game available for download on...

Read that back to yourself: Casey Duck: Butter Duck is a fun mobile game starring Casey Duck and his quest for his butter. That's it. Anything else you've read about this game on the internet did not come from a reliable source. Yes, that includes the so-called "developer" in the previous thread that leaked what he claimed to be design docs and started all of those arguments.

How can I play Casey Duck: Butter Duck?

In theory you would click the "Download & Play" button on the Casey Duck: Butter Duck website, but all it does is refresh the page. The running theory is that Zyqued is still putting the finishing touches on the game, and because of that hasn't had time to update the website yet.

There's no release date set for the game yet, but a press release reveals that they're aiming for this month, so keep your fingers crossed!

Are there any screenshots for Casey Duck: Butter Duck?

Unfortunately only two verified screenshots have leaked out so far. Any of the other art you've seen, including the "Genocide City Zone" set, should be considered fan art.

Is that shit on his tie?

Yes. Because they were being hounded about this so much since the rumors started, Zyqued issued an official statement regarding Casey Duck: Butter Duck's brown-tipped tie to a reporter:

Zyqued Games wrote:
yes

Whether shit is involved in an actual gameplay mechanic or is just an aesthetic touch by the artists is unknown.

OK that's about it guys. Try to keep arguments to a minimum this time. I know we're all excited, but arguing and bickering isn't going to get Casey Duck: Butter Duck any closer to release.
Sardius
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an indie game?

How indie is it?
Mia D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goddamnit

I can't handle this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in the wrong forum Red, this is clearly not released
Vlcice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for cutting through the BS, Red.

Sometimes I don't even know about the Casey Duck fandom anymore. I'm not even sure I feel like finishing my fanfiction.
Lakmir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is worth 2k monies
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Casey Duck: Butter Duck official anticipation thread Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:

In theory you would click the "Download & Play" button on the Casey Duck: Butter Duck website, but all it does is refresh the page. The running theory is that Zyqued is still putting the finishing touches on the game, and because of that hasn't had time to update the website yet.

The Dishum page does the same thing, and Caveman Cooking is completely inaccessible. The mysterious nature of their website magnifies my anticipation to quest for butter in the rich Casey Duck universe! I would go so far as to say Casey Duck: Butter Duck might be the FIRST REAL GAME.
sebmal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for preserving video game history
The Man From P.O.O.T.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do loves me some duck butter.
Sardius
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all play Casey Duck Butter Duck. You're not allowed to stop playing until you beat it.

It has a vocal theme song about butter ducks.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sardius wrote:
Let's all play Casey Duck Butter Duck. You're not allowed to stop playing until you beat it.

It has a vocal theme song about butter ducks.

The theme song is amazing. You can't listen to it without being convinced that butter should be eaten every day, on everything.

P.S. SPOILERS: ........................................... The ending is a CLIFFHANGER
BBH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have definitely just experienced a very important part of video game history.

That ending though. God DAMMIT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: