Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

Biohazard 1.5. The zillionth but final thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pemdawg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkdog306 wrote:

That's as close as most of you will ever get.

Wot's all this, then?
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of juvenile cock-waving?
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
does christine have it?

If not, I may give it to her. Does she like custard, lederhosen and/or poodles?
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkdog306 wrote:

That's as close as most of you will ever get.

Doubtful.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! GOODIE! Another 1.5 discussion full of retardation!

Anyway;
KingMike wrote:
Was he the guy asking for like $10K for the CD, when one RE community was offering to pool just over $4K for it (which, at the time, was already a ridiculously large sum for a single proto).
And as I recall, the seller said they didn't really care about the game, just the money.

Without touching all the details, I can say that the pool the tiny group I presume you're referring to was actually beyond $4k (closer to 5 or 6, iirc + a good pile of *possibly empty* promises from various new and old forum users who were claiming to be willing and able to donate more to the overall pool under the hypothetical circumstances that a purchase was in the making)

Had it gone through, it'd probably been the most expensive piece of content that group had secured (but far from their first/last 4 digit one) and a public release would've first slipped through once a certain set of preparations had been wrapped up with the aid of several sideline contributors.

To be honest, I'm not entirely 100% sure of what actually happened the first time around (when the PlayStation Museum suddenly got ahold of it). The messages were so mixed and every side of that case seemed to have their own story of what, when, why and where...
drunkdog306

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: New footage. Reply with quote

Here is some new footage for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluMPnoGvZs
drunkdog306

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few screen shots of new stuff from that video. Very interesting stuff, we now know how the introduction of the Gorillas went.

Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I feel sorta sorry for Elza Whatshername. Most of the characters from Resident Evil 1.5 showed up in the final version of RE2. But Elza? She's GONE.

It'd be cool if Capcom put her in that online Resident Evil: Raccoon City game.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire Redfield is Elza Walker. All they did was changed her hair color, outfit, name and backstory. Still, I've always believed they should have included Elza's original outfit as an alternate for Claire. It's unfair that Claire only got one and Leon got two.
drunkdog306

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:
Claire Redfield is Elza Walker. All they did was changed her hair color, outfit, name and backstory. Still, I've always believed they should have included Elza's original outfit as an alternate for Claire. It's unfair that Claire only got one and Leon got two.

So in other words, it's a totally different person.... Claire is Claire and Elza is... Elza. I did read somewhere... i forget where.... that elza was looking for chris. It could of been total bullshit but if its true, that would be interesting. I want to know how 1.5's story goes... badly .
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're both motorcyclists, they're both college students, they both wear red, and they both play the same role, game and story-wise, as female protagonists. The only real difference is that Claire is related to Chris and Elza is related to no one in particular (which seems to be the only real back-story difference between the two, aside from the fact that Elza is a Raccoon University student and Claire is from out of town). Claire Redfield is just a redesigned Elza Walker.
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICEknight wrote:
I've just never seen any company giving away free prototypes of their flagship titles, that is all.

This is an old post, but I figured I'd break the dongwaving and provide some commentary.

LameDuke!
ICEknight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touché! Surprised
Teflon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xkeeper wrote:
ICEknight wrote:
I've just never seen any company giving away free prototypes of their flagship titles, that is all.

This is an old post, but I figured I'd break the dongwaving and provide some commentary.

LameDuke!

These days, 3dRealms (or what's left of it) is so trademark and copyright crazy they'd never do something like that again. One of the ex-3Dr guys has a huge stack of Apogee-era betas, but he's too much of a company man and afraid of being sued (probably by Georgie Broussard, who wants more money for his next 10 year in development game) to release them, even though he hasn't been working there for three or so years. He's also a huge asshole that somehow managed to be 3DR's community manager from the middle of the 1990s to when almost everybody was laid of in 2009.
neomerge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably one of my most anticipated leaks for a game. I'll be checking around for this till I'm in my Mid 80s.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
90's Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon wrote:
probably by Georgie Broussard, who wants more money for his next 10 year in development game

LAUGHING OUT LOUD. Going a bit offtopic; I'd like to play that Wolfenstein sequel which ultimately became the game we now know as Rise Of The Triad...
EliotAndrews

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomerge wrote:
This is probably one of my most anticipated leaks for a game. I'll be checking around for this till I'm in my Mid 80s.

I'm sorry for bumping this thread somewhat, but I want to state that I, too, will be checking up on this for decades. I consider Resident Evil 2 to be an exceptional game, and I've been saddened by all the drama that ensues whenever the "1.5 beta" emerges.

What troubles me the most is how individuals that are in possession of it follow the same cycle - Release screen shots and movies showing off new content simply to taunt users. Following the community outcry, the user vanishes.

Admittedly, I'm happy I've been able to play through the final Resident Evil 2, and I find every clip and screenshot of "1.5" to be endlessly fascinating. I just wish those in possession of a "1.5 beta" didn't continuously taunt and harass the community.

In fact, I would like to know: Is it more beneficial to hang onto the beta? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to sell it?
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How complete was Resident Evil 1.5 anyway? I know it was in a nearly finished state, but did they managed to implement any of the FMV scenes for the opening and ending sequences? I had never seen a single footage or screenshot of any FMV scene.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:
How complete was Resident Evil 1.5 anyway? I know it was in a nearly finished state, but did they managed to implement any of the FMV scenes for the opening and ending sequences? I had never seen a single footage or screenshot of any FMV scene.

Most sources say the game was 60-80 percent complete, and Hiroyuki Kobayashi (programmer on RE1 and RE 2, now producer on RE 6) said that they were about 80 percent done it. No idea about the FMV.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't specifically asking for percentages (I already knew it was around 60-80%), but rather what elements were missing in order to fill-in the remaining 20-40%. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a single screenshot of the costume change system in action, which was a huge selling point for RE1.5.

Had any of the voice actors who worked on RE1.5 been discovered? I know Paul Haddad (Leon in RE2) said he did some work on an earlier version of RE2, but never went into any specifics. I think Elza sounds a lot like Alyson Court too (Claire's voice actress in RE2).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: