Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

Disney’s Rescue Rangers NES Prototype Has Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NESPlayer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Disney’s Rescue Rangers NES Prototype Has Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes Reply with quote

Article
Download (Courtesy of Skrybe)
Quote:
Golly, Chip! Today we have an NES prototype article about one of our absolute favorite games, Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers. The nostalgia is strong with this one.

In addition to the usual documentation, the always delightful, Darlene Lacey, who produced many of the Disney/Capcom titles back in the day, was kind enough to talk to us again and shed some light on the game’s development process.

For the love of Gadget and all things Disney Afternoon, be sure to check it out!

After recovering from a nasty computer crash, the site's back with a new prototype. There's about 6 more prototypes to feature in the future, all for the SNES.
billscat-socks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, as you always have. Hope you know how much we all appreciate it!
Evan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful.

I look forward to the SNES prototypes, of course.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Before getting into the nitty gritty, we again called on former Disney game producer, Darlene Lacey, to give us some insight into Rescue Ranger’s development process. Apparently Rescue Rangers was one of the least troublesome Capcom projects, with little to no changes being required to meet Disney’s quality assurance and squeaky-clean, family-friendly branding."

Is that all you got from her? I was looking forward to hearing about the making of the game.
Tongueman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or wasn't this just a quote from an interview with her from a year or two ago, and thus couldn't be expanded on?
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read "we again called on" to mean that he talked to Darlene about the game.
etabeta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first post also says "Darlene Lacey [...] was kind enough to talk to us again and shed some light on the game’s development process. ", so I would have expected some more details too...

still, thanks a lot for the proto! Smile
NESPlayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally the plan was to have a full-fledged Q&A. I sent Darlene the questions months ago. However, she only remarked briefly on Rescue Rangers. I got the impression that she didn't have much to say about the game's development, other than that the process was smooth sailing and the code was just about complete when she received the game for evaluation. I could have pressed the issue further, but she's already done a lot for me and given so much of her time in the past.

For those of you who don't know, I previously conducted a lengthy interview with her about Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, in which she scanned newspaper clippings and magazine pages as well as supplied me with additional photos of herself and her work. In addition to that, she even had her friend, a professional Japanese translator, help me to try to set up an interview with the infamous "Bamboo.7" (unfortunately, that fell through when he never responded).

Basically, I didn't want to be a bother and take advantage of her kindness, so I took what I got and left it at that.
GDRI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only way you're going to get any real details is by talking to people in Japan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: