Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:30 pm

Two games; REACTOR by Argonaut & Mer Wars by Synergistic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamemasterH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Two games; REACTOR by Argonaut & Mer Wars by Synergistic Reply with quote

I discovered this afternoon that two SNES carts I've had tucked away in my Archives are these the two prototype games listed in the post title... Not sure if linking offsite is kosher or not (mods delete if you want Wink but more can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/GamemasterHoward/

thx
h
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in no position to say anything about anything, but good god, sir, it is an honor to even reply to your presence. You had more of an impact on my childhood than could possibly be healthy.
Evan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you here, Howard!

I sent you a private message about Mer Wars. Like I said on my post on Facebook, Bob Clardy doesn't have any recollection about this game being developed enough to be made into demos.

It would be interesting to learn more about Reactor, as I have never run across it. Time to break out the Super Play magazines later. :)
eSPy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mer Wars
Protoype popped up on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectre-Mer-Wars-Thunder-Hawk-SNES-Super-Nintendo-EMPTY-DEMO-PROTOTYPE-CARTS-/110908663645?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d2abe75d=
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I was just transcribing one of our interviews and came to my forums to unwind a little, and here you are. I can't escape you, Howard.
billscat-socks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eSPy wrote:
Mer Wars
Protoype popped up on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectre-Mer-Wars-Thunder-Hawk-SNES-Super-Nintendo-EMPTY-DEMO-PROTOTYPE-CARTS-/110908663645?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d2abe75d=

Keeping in mind the auction says those are just empty shells Laughing

Great to see you here Howard, I was wondering when we'd start seeing you on some forums somewhere.
GamemasterH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: The cut-out on the Ebay prototype Mer Wars cart housing Reply with quote

...matches the socketed EPROM position on the prototype cartridge PCB... I wonder how they ever got separated? I don't recall the cart housing and so I likely never had it in my possession...
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Two games; REACTOR by Argonaut & Mer Wars by Synergi Reply with quote

GamemasterH wrote:
I discovered this afternoon that two SNES carts I've had tucked away in my Archives are these the two prototype games listed in the post title... Not sure if linking offsite is kosher or not (mods delete if you want Wink but more can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/GamemasterHoward/

thx
h

Agreed- it is delightful to see you here, Howard! Nintendo, as well as Howard & Nester, will always have a special nostalgic place in my heart. Thank you for all you did and continue to do for videogaming!
johntorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to thank you for posting these here, and for all the stuff you've been putting on Facebook/Twitter recently. So stoked..I used to wonder what the random stuff on your workspace was in pictures in Nintendo Power, and now we get to see what some of it is! Oh yeah, and thank you for the HUGE impact you had on my childhood.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey howard, good to see you around here! big thanks for this and no doubt everything you've done for us over the years. you inspired a ton of fandom and personally for me, i have stuck by that love of games by doing video game remixes, more than 12 albums worth now. i dont think i woulda stuck with it had people like you who worked at nintendo kept the faith alive the way you have. hope to see you post more here, lost levels is a great forum!
Celine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks.
KungFuFurby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these games because I get to hunt down any music that might have never seen the light of day otherwise... including really well hidden music! Actually... do either one of these two have any music, or even sound effects? Just out of my own curiosity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: