Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:08 am

Isn't Metal Slug overrated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hilarious that I was the one accused of fanboyism here.
mrdomino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sardius wrote:
Kid Fenris wrote:
Ebb, what is your opinion of Terrifying 9.11? Is it part of the thoroughly great Metal Slug series or is it TROLLING?

Anyone know if that was ever dumped? I still want to play it.

Actually, wasn't the cartridge difficult for copiers to read, or am I thinking of something else?

yeah, pretty much all unlicensed Game Boy games are a giant pain in the arse, and I say this having dumped a whole bunch of them lately up here. this represents, like, a tiny fraction of the stuff I've accumulated that's otherwise rendered undumpable by copy protection and weird mappers and shit like that. I don't have Terrifying 9/11 but I do have some weird strategy RPG in Chinese by the same company and I've had no luck with that one either.

that said I have been able to (at least partially) crack the protection used in some earlier games by this one company Sintax, who made about ten billion games all told, so that should keep me going for a while.

(all of this doesn't have much to do with Metal Slug, but I guess it might one day, because Sintax made about five Metal Slug games too. None of them look as good as Terrifying 9/11 though.)
rdb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebb1993 wrote:
Fine, but one more thing. I really hope SNK Playmore makes a Metal Slug 8 one day, and they make it the big finale of the series, just so we could do away with Morden, Allen, and Rootmars forever. The finale of the Metal Slug series should be the most epic Metal Slug ever.

Now why didn't you just start with that instead of... whatever the other stuff was? Are you a backwards-living time mutant?
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played a Metal Slug game in my life and I have no intention to. Tell me Ebb1993, does this mean I am not truly alive?
shawnphase

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drx went drbronners on us.
Mustard Broach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballz wrote:
I've never played a Metal Slug game in my life and I have no intention to. Tell me Ebb1993, does this mean I am not truly alive?

I played it recently for the first time. I'm pretty sure the best Metal Slug game is still Contra.
Druid II

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 is probably the best designed in my opinion, but the controls aren't as tight as the later games.

2 was crap, but they fixed it with X.

3 was grandiose but sometimes feels too big. The last level is fucking long, and there are so few times when you actually fight the nazi troops, it's always some zombie/giant crab/mummy/graboid/martian invasion.

4 is OK if you play it tacticool and not just rush forward until the screen stops scrolling. The graphics are indeed cheap, but the music is tight.

5 could've been almost as big as MS3 if they hadn't decided to release it when it was only half complete.

Metal Slug 6... uh, exists?

Metal Slug XX, they made another game after MS6?

also, drx wins the thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: