Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

[FC] Arc Hound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: [FC] Arc Hound Reply with quote

This was taken from a Konami catalog uploaded by an anonymous user from 4chan's Retro Gaming forum and I thought I would share it here.

It's an ad for Arc Hound, the unreleased FC counterpart to Contra Force. It has the same screenshots that were published in Famitsu's preview of the game, but this one also shows what seems to be the intended packaging illustration for the game.
Pemdawg

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, I am not too familiar with Contra Force. Are there any visible differences to the released game in the previews?
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the backgrounds in the side-view stages are very different from anything shown in the released version (for one thing, the forklift is more detailed in the prototype) and the player portraits on the HUD for Burns and Smith are more serious looking than the ones they had in the released version. Also, Smith is clearly using Beans' sprite in the one overhead screenshot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: