Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

The King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout (Xbox)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: The King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout (Xbox) Reply with quote

The King of Fighters series turned ten years old back in 2004, and SNK celebrated with The King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout. It's a remake of the first game in the series (unless you count KoF in the same line as Fatal Fury, but c'mon), and it has sharper character sprites, 3-D backgrounds full of cameos, an online mode, and a new animated intro that's...well, kinda lame. The PlayStation 2 version came out in Japan with pre-order toys and everything, but SNK canceled an Xbox edition planned for an American release.

Well, here's the Xbox version of Re-Bout. You may have to copy-and-paste the link, because the forum doesn't like number signs.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oMRSQYRQ!9pHq9e9CrgCgDqxs2aqwMY3fNG_DHhbR3kk8RonDYkA

Here's a flyer about the game.

And here's some footage from Borman of the Assembler Games forum.

Of course, this is just an alternate version of a game that's not hard to find in its Japanese PS2 incarnation, and I don't know if there are any real differences apart from the Xbox Live mode. Everyone seems to be able to run this just fine on a modded Xbox, though I don't have one myself. I should fix that.

Why was it canceled? Someone on Assembler mentioned that the Xbox market collapsed when the Xbox 360 came around, and SNK Playmore decided to back The King of Fighters Neowave instead.
Pemdawg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! thanks for sharing this out. If you need an Xbox, I'm cleaning up and parting out some. If I can get one fully working, I could maybe hook you up Very Happy
eSPy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footage from IGN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t4swBglb4U
theclaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if we'll find out what their plans for Japan were.

They went through the effort to keep Japanese text in, and implemented via the dashboard language option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: