Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 am

Nintendo Gateway System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Nintendo Gateway System Reply with quote

Since there was virtually no information on the Nintendo Gateway System online, I tried to put everything I could find about it (at least the SNES version) on this new article I have written. The Nintendo Gateway System allowed for pay-per-play Nintendo gaming on airlines and hotels. It is pretty amazing that there was so little information on this, since it sounds like it was pretty widespread. Anyways, there are three exclusive SNES games for the system, and they are definitely not dumped. If anyone has leads on more info, let me know!

http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=1019
Tongueman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played with this system on my first day in Japan: on a plane from Osaka to Sapporo.

ediot: (Freudian misspelling?) You already quoted me on that page.
KingMike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Nintendo Gateway System is still around, it definitely isn't running SNES games. I saw by the early 2000s (I want to say the last time I stayed in a hotel with the system was 2003), they had switched to N64. Wouldn't surprise me if they updated again to GameCube.

Also, I thought the Japanese version of Dr. Mario was found to simply be Tetris & Dr. Mario with Tetris dummied out (probably for licensing reasons).
Evan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I messed up and forgot to upload a php file that displayed some of the information. It is fixed now, should be a more complete article.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: