Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

Star Fox 2 released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Star Fox 2 released Reply with quote

Nintendo has announced the Snes mini, and in a move that's a surprise to everybody its going to include Star Fox 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-26-nintendo-confirms-snes-mini

This is a really big deal, as it was mentioned in an interview with Dylan Cuthbert that Nintendo has a completed build of the game that differs from the proto currently online.

Course the bad news, is the Snes mini is likely to be nearly impossible to obtain like the Nes mini was. Hopefully Nintendo will release the game on the Virtual Console at some point. The mini also has the original Star Fox, and the Snes version of Yoshi's Island, so presumably whatever issues Nintendo had with the FX chip have been resolved.

First Earthbound Beginnings and now this. I am really excited to see Nintendo open to releasing some of their previously unreleased works. I wonder what we might see in the future?

When Nintendo inevitably announces the Super Famicom Mini, I wonder if Star Fox 2 will be included in that too?
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a disgusting and filthy human being, I hope we'll be able to extract that ROM image from the SNES Classic and make it run on real hardware.
KingMike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine StarFox 2 would be included on SFC Mini.
I don't see any games that would be necessarily less popular there.
Except Super Punch-Out!! Though it was still popular enough for them to release it on each form of VC. (Wii, Wii U, New 3DS)
Still, maybe they'll replace it with a Fire Emblem. That's the only thing I can see happening.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've just announced the Japanese model.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999902/20170627001/

The Japanese model has Super SF2, the first SFC Goemon, Fire Emblem 3, Super Formation Soccer, and Panel de Pon.

In contrast, the American model has SF2 Turbo, Castlevania IV, Super Punch-Out, Kirby's Dream Course and Earthbound.

Aside from the questionable presence of Super Formation Soccer, I slightly prefer the JP lineup over the US one, but I'm not too crazy about either of them. Would've liked if they had included a Natsume game like Wild Guns or Ninjawarriors Again.

It's kinda interesting how the U.S. model has Hyper Fighting over New Challengers. It shows the obsessive cult following that particular entry of the series has among Super NES fanboys in the west.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: