Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:58 am

Game Boy (system) prototype

View previous topic :: View next topic  
letuandk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Game Boy (system) prototype Reply with quote

THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT the Bueno Texas Street Trip. I had been asked to write the article so they did not have to pay somebody to write these phrases because I work for Thrasher. That thrifty, huh? And that I was asked to write the post because I am rolled in fairly deep over in the Bueno camp. They got me drawing images on all their stuff. The only downside to the Bueno Texas road trip post being written by me is I did go on the excursion. I had been for part of it but I am pretty sure I missed at least half of this program. http://skateszone.com/the-top-8-best-skateboards-for-beginners-reviews-2017/

The trip started off in Houston Wish Benefit. The Bueno Brigade (Shiloh Greathouse, Staey Lowery, Nate Broussard, and Mark Gutterman) flew to Houston and rented a van. I live in Austin and so it had been up to me to find my way to Houston. No more flights for Sieben. I ended up jumping out of Oklahoma at a mini-van with a few dudes. What I heard from the Oklahomies is that there is never an inappropriate moment to yell "Fuck You Cocksucker" at full volume. It is a good idea. In front of the older.

SO I RODE IN A (Note 1: these dudes were actual Oklahomies. I am not using that term. To prove it I will mention the name of one of the dudes in the van. Gabe Friedman) and I'm pretty sure that they were stoked that when we got to Houston that we were likely to be hanging out with Shiloh. Because ... well, he is Shiloh. So anyway, we get to Houston and that I try calling Stacy so that we could all meet up, but seemingly Stacy did not feel like dealing with drunk Sieben (you can drink a whole lot of beer in a mini-van out of Austin to Houston) so he was not picking up. I ended up sleeping on the floor of a hotel room with a lot. That the Bueno road trip was going awesome.

I woke up feeling. Kind of Like the way you are feeling when you are in your 30s and you wake up hung over on a crusty hotel room's floor with a whole lot of guys in their late teens and early 20s. You know, it is kind of one of those "what the fortune am I doing with my life" kind of moments. I believe that is called alcohol melancholy. I called Stacy and he told me that his phone wasn't getting a sign the night before (at the bowling alley that he and the men were hanging out at). Stacy's much bigger than that I am so I don't contend with him although it looked like a feeble excuse. I told him I would see him in the skatepark on.

SO LATER ON to Meet all the guys on the Bueno team. It was cool to shake hands with the dudes that I am working with. Though I sort of wished I'd brought yet another t-shirt with me other than the one using the kitty on front using the American flag bandana around its neck. I just thought maybe it made a first impression that is weird, although I like the shirt and all.

I say hello to the dudes and they Need to make the rounds go shit and skate and I do not understand what I am supposed to do so I'm just kind of walking around hoping that I run into a person that I know. I saw my friend Dahveed from San Antonio and he told me that he had an ice chest full of beer in his car.

That's pretty much exactly what I did the remainder of the day. Stacy explained that he and the dudes went back to their hotel and called me later in the evening. I took the hint and tracked down the Oklahomies and informed them that I would most likely be sleeping on their floor again, and they were like, "Thanks for introducing us to Shiloh, dude." And I was like, "I hardly met him dudes." And they were like, "Are you drunk?" And I was like, "Yeah, pretty much." And they are like, "We are too. Get your ass from the mini-van."
(Note 2: mini-van driver : not drunk) https://medium.com/@skateszone/how-to-choose-a-good-skateboard-for-beginners-b6e9e0d0f6e5

I CALLED STACY LATER to see if he And the other men wanted to drink beer at a filthy hotel room with me along with the Oklahomies, however he told me that they were simply going to eat dinner and chill so that they could wake up early and move street skating the morning after. I told him I would probably only see him in Austin (that was another stop on their trip) because the chances of me getting up early and moving road skating were pretty much nonexistent. I waited to arrive and slept on a floor again and rode back to Austin the following day.

That evening I got the call that the Bueno van Was rolling in to town and that I gave directions to a pizza parlor that functions pitchers of Lone Star and led to meet the dudes. I arrived at the pizza place a bit later than the Bueno Brigade and apparently some sort of altercation had happened in the parking lot with Alex (the filmer guy who was together) and this local dude called Cornbread. And the moment I said hello to everyone and sat down, Alex began yelling from throughout the spectacle and the room had every sign that the shit was about to hit the fan.

Let me backtrack just a bit. The Very First Time I met once he was hit by a truck before the home of my friend Adam Cornbread was. He had been cruising down the road on his 10 speed, drunk as hell with some headphones on and swerving all over the place and he rode directly in front of a dude in a pickup truck and the dude in the truck had to slam on his brakes and he skidded around 10 feet and nearly killed Cornbread. The entire thing was pretty fucking scary and crazy. And a few hours later, Cornbread comes riding back down the street and he's all, "Did y'all see me almost get run over? This shit was mad!" And then he offered us some of his 40oz of malt liquor and proceeded to pitch us this strategy he had for refinishing rich people's floors in the neighborhood and tried (unsuccessfully) to entertain my buddy Adam and I to join him in his business strategy because as he put it, "I need a few boys to knock on doors."
ADAM AND I had been both used full-time so we Graciously declined, because that man never has a job, but we didn't give him our friend Cary Jackson's cell phone number.

But back to the road excursion article. So Here's this man Alex about to enter a battle with Cornbread, also I was a little worried because Alex is sort of built like me (sort of a chicken leg physique) and Cornbread is fairly thick. But beyond being thick, Cornbread is only ... well ... he is just kind of crazier than a shithouse rat. And I did not really feel that Alex's first taste of Austin ought to be the taste of his own blood. But Alex got up from his chair and stormed over to where Cornbread sat and confronted him before I had a chance to try and calm things down. And it seemed like fists were about to start flying. But then 10 seconds later Cornbread and that he were giving each other one of those manly pat-on-the-back type of hugs as if they have been homies for life. And Cornbread pulled his chair over to our table and then kicked it to the rest of the night with us. Because he spent most of the evening trying to convince Shiloh that he wants to star in the film that he's 34, and he has given up on his floor refinishing plan. Cornbread is rad. https://medium.com/@skateszone/best-skateboard-brands-7c4f7d144ea1

And frankly, that night we hung Out in the filmer and Austin got into a battle was the thing that happened while I hung out with the dudes. Other than that I simply showed them some of the places in my town and they moved to work jumping shit down and jumping over shit and scooting across shit.
It was cool to bring dudes to spots that scare The shit out of me and watch them get rad onto them. It didn't do a whole hell of a lot for my inferiority complex, but I figure we had gone skating and if they had shown up and I was as great as them then our firm would be in a shitload of trouble. But the way things are I guess I'd have to say that Bueno will be about as hot as Powell Peralta was in the. Which sort of sucks since I figure that means I will need to play with the McGill character. And shit, at least McGill had the McTwist. Is a kickflip to fakie in a ditch and a backside G-turn. Oh well, fuck it.
So I guess I will wrap this article up by Saying some shit like, Dude, we all had such a rad time and even though we barely knew each other when the trip started ... No, that shit sucks. I will just end this post by stating that next time I get asked to compose a road trip article I hope that "road trip" includes something more than riding in a mini-van into Houston ... (Note 3: The Bueno Brigade also went to San Antonio on this road trip but I didn't get to go because I had to leave town on a previously planned trip. We also didn't have to skate the Death Star, the Banana Farm, or any of my favorite ditches. I made so that I could show them why I live here, the dudes guarantee to return to Austin in the not too distant future for more of an elongated stay. Possibly they return I'll actually have that. Yeah, I kind of doubt it also.)
(Note 4: This is the first road trip article I have ever written and I reread it and realized that it does Have anything to do with anyone but myself. So I will add this part at The end so that it will be more that I've read in Magazines: Dude! Mark Gutterman farted Nate, from the hotel room Broussard skates like he's some secret butterfly wings Security guard at this one place was a dick, we got fairly Wasted, and iPod ipod iPod!)
[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: