Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:36 am

Color Dreams docs and promo video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Color Dreams docs and promo video Reply with quote

Here's some stuff I purchased in mid-2012 from Brenda Huff, owner of Wisdom Tree. Note that I don't have the originals for any of these, all I received were digital copies:

Color Dreams promotional video
Video demonstrating Color Dreams products, and arguing that their games don't infringe on Nintendo's patents. Presumably this was sent to potential retailers. Has some footage of Baby Boomer and Raid 2020 with very slight differences from the final versions.

Unsorted Color Dreams scans
Color Dreams "history and tech" files, according to Brenda. There's a mix of 16 scans here, some of them from internal documents, others from contemporary publications reporting on the company. Some of the internal docs are duplicates of material that was posted on TRM's old Color Dreams site. I suggest taking a look at the archive of his page, as he has some related docs there that aren't in this collection.

Something I found noteworthy here was this document, which brainstorms games where "the NES would generate the backgrounds like they do now, but a new chip would generate the sprites" independent of the NES hardware. I'm assuming this is related to the "dual processor" cartridge that was proposed for Hellraiser.
MathUser2929

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the 16-bit like graphics woulda been like. Liscensed game would be a waste of the chip.
Pikointeractive

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Wisdom Tree from Brenda along with her ownership of Color Dreams library. She sent me a box full of discs with source back ups. Unfortunately nothing unreleased.

However I talked to Andy Chan and he says he still has the super cartridge for Hellraiser, but he won't care to sell it.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathUser2929 wrote:
Liscensed game would be a waste of the chip.

Any chip like that would've been a waste on a developer like Color Dreams. I doubt that Hellraiser game ever made it pass the tech demo phase.
KGRAMR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikointeractive wrote:
I bought Wisdom Tree from Brenda along with her ownership of Color Dreams library. She sent me a box full of discs with source back ups. Unfortunately nothing unreleased.

However I talked to Andy Chan and he says he still has the super cartridge for Hellraiser, but he won't care to sell it.

Ok, that royally sucks! Guess we're on a NES Switchblade 2 situation again...
Pikointeractive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGRAMR wrote:
Pikointeractive wrote:

Ok, that royally sucks! Guess we're on a NES Switchblade 2 situation again...

Yup, however a couple of years a go I went to their offices and although they wouldn't give up the Super cartridge I did held it in my hands. It looked a lot like if a hobbits would have put it together.

They did gave a sealed Rockforge and a massive roll of Hellraiser NES labels that they printed back in the day for the game. I still got them in the office I wonder if I should sell them or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: