Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death Adder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Supervision scans?! To quote Charlie Brown, “AAUGH!”

It's all the variations, damn it. If it weren't for all the different, seemingly endless versions of the packaging, instructions in a half-dozen languages, et Cetera, then I'd, very likely, have been done with all this stuff and nonsense by now. But, nope! No such luck. The Supervision will likely continue to haunt me – and waste countless amounts of my time – until my dying day. *sigh*

OK!! So, buoyed by that cheery introduction [!], let me tell you what was added to the ol' website today:

* New box scans:

- Small boxes for Fatal Craft, Jaguar Bomber, Tasac 2010, Witty Cat.

* New instructions scans:

- Fatal Craft, Witty Cat (Chinese)
- Jaguar Bomber (English, Italian)
- Pacific Battle (English, Italian)
- Tasac 2010 (English, Dutch, French, German)
- Tasac 2010 (Italian, Spanish)

* Improved insert scan:

- TV-Link (PAL-B) instruction sheet (Italian)

* New insert scan:

- TV-Link (PAL-B) warranty information (Watary Italia)

* New advertisement scan:

- Watary Italia ad featuring a Watara-branded watch & a goofy looking fish (with an overbite?)

And that's all. For now.

http://www.diskman.com/presents/supervision/scans.htm
Death Adder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An ePay auction for an issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly recently caught my eye, as the seller claimed it mentioned the Supervision. Consulting a scan of the issue, I quickly realized said seller was full of snot.

BUT!!

This made me wonder: Had EGM sullied their mag at some point, by including the Supervision amongst its pages? Wasting even more time, consulting scans of later issues, I soon found the answer: Yes. Yes, they had. Thankfully it was only a quick mention, nestled within the reader Q&A section. Hopefully, it didn't inspire any of their readers to actually buy the damned thing.

So anyway, I bought the mag just so I could make a higher quality scan of the (hopefully) innocuous announcement, which I've now added to the website.

www.diskman.com/presents/supervision/scans.htm
Death Adder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Supervision prototype cartridge appeared!! (Cue cricket orchestra.)

Oh. My. God. Which scintillating game could it possibly be? Happy Flappy? No. Devil Paradise?? Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

It's... *sigh* ...Sonny X'Press. Because of course it is. Yep. Sonny, that parasite-ridden scooter jockey, has found a way to capture the dim Supervision spotlight once again. Blech.

You'll have to excuse me for not going ape-solutely bananas over this out of the blue discovery, but after wasting TWENTY YEARS [!] on painstaking Supervision research (with an emphasis on pain), I was hoping for something far better to surface. Can't a Marpol Brother catch a break?!

But, whatever. At the end of the day, a lackluster prototype is better than no prototype at all. And just think: Next time, it could be Wonder Fish!

Anyway, the Sonny X'Press page has been updated, noting several differences between prototype and final version.

diskman.com/presents/supervision/sonny.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: