Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Lost N64 games...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Lost N64 games... Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if there are any ROMS for the following games...

Riqas
Resident Evil 0
Eternal Darkness

I know RE0 and Eternal Darkness wer released for the GC, but...

there was a playable version of RE0 for the N64 at some game show a couple of years ago.

Also from information I've gathered on the Internet, Eternal Darkness was pretty much completed for the N64 before going to the GC.

Riqas is a Tomber Raider clone that has a grand total of 3 screen shots floating around somewhere.

Does anyone have info on these items?
treeman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would kill (read: KILL) for the ROM or the actual cartridge of Resident Evil Zero for the N64. I wouldn't mind having the Resident Evil 2 Prototype (both psx betas and the saturn beta) and the Resident Evil 1 GBC game. Come to think of it, the Resident Evil 4 beta, before they remade the game, would also be a gem to own. (I'm obviously a big RE fan)

Unfortunately, if RE0 is in the hands of someone, they haven't considered dumping it yet (if ever)...would be nice though...

About the other 2 games, I'm not sure.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who had an early RE1.5 beta, but it's owner was more or less an idiot.
Evan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to find a proto of Buggie Boggie.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Yah, I wouldn't mind finding both protos of RE4. Remember, Devil May Cry was RE4 before it became what it is today. I also forgot about the original GBC RE.

Buggie Boggie, wasn't there a couple of screens of that floating around?
ManekiNeko
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I played the Game Boy Color version of Resident Evil when I was at E3 in 1999. I would have spent more time with it if I'd known it would be the last chance I'd get to play it.

I keep thinking that Capcom released an entirely different Resident Evil game for the GBC after cancelling the first one. It was like, some kind of first-person RPG, right?

JR
Dais

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Evil Gaiden. Probably the most hated RE game that wasn't related to Gun Survivor somehow. It had a mix of Metal Gear wandering around and....strange shooting first-person battles.
treeman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Evil Gaiden doesn't deserve it's bad reputation. The problem is that people seem to forget that it's an 8-Bit game. I had fun playing it and the ending could have connected to the unreleased RE4 beta.
ClamIAm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"40 Winks" is an unreleased generic N64 banjo collect-the-crap game.

Ph33r my knowledge
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played the game, but I know -a- game called "40 Winks" eventually did come out for the PSX. Same beast, perhaps?
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:
I know someone who had an early RE1.5 beta, but it's owner was more or less an idiot.

So...story?
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, I was in some other forum (which should remain nameless here, since one of the mods, a high-school kid and a friggin' Star Wars fanboy to boot, decided to ban my ass out of spite), when some guy claimed to have a copy of a Resident Evil 1.5 demo and everything. I asked him questions such as why doesn't he use a PS emulator for direct screenshots (the screenshots were clearly taken from another site) or why doesn't he try to distribute an ISO. Heck, I even pointed him to this site, but instead he danced around issue (saying stuff like "ooh, I always wanted to play that Sonic Xtreme").

He claimed it was an E3 demo and didn't contain any story scenes, but I even doubt he was the real deal. Probably an attention whore.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: More games... Reply with quote

"40 Winks" for the PSX is the same game as the N64 version.
Like so many other games from that era, many planned ports of PSX games just simply disappeared.

Remember ODT? The game was featured in Nintendo Power and the it literally vaninshed.

One one point in time ign's N64 site had a big list of unreleased games up.
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:
Basically, I was in some other forum (which should remain nameless here, since one of the mods, a high-school kid and a friggin' Star Wars fanboy to boot, decided to ban my ass out of spite), when some guy claimed to have a copy of a Resident Evil 1.5 demo and everything. I asked him questions such as why doesn't he use a PS emulator for direct screenshots (the screenshots were clearly taken from another site) or why doesn't he try to distribute an ISO. Heck, I even pointed him to this site, but instead he danced around issue (saying stuff like "ooh, I always wanted to play that Sonic Xtreme").

He claimed it was an E3 demo and didn't contain any story scenes, but I even doubt he was the real deal. Probably an attention whore.

You wouldn't happen to know the name of the person who was saying they had it would you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis556 wrote:

You wouldn't happen to know the name of the person who was saying they had it would you?

Sorry, I don't, at least not at the moment. I wish I could go back to the forum, but I can't as I've already explained (I doubt you would have done any better with him). I could give you the name of the site, but frankly I don't feel like giving a forum that feels that my presence is undesireable a free plug.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Shadowgate Rising... Reply with quote

Does anyone remember this game? I remember seeing a couple of screen shots back in the day at Nintendo.com. I got the feeling that a lot of work went into this game before disappearing.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Help please... Reply with quote

Bump ditty bump, bump... bump bump

Really, could someone help me. I get the feeling that Shadowgate Rising was finished but not published kinda like Dragon Sword and ODT.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whacks you with a Tails plushie*

You know, ten hours between posts is not enough time to merit a bump. People take time to reply and stuff. So be patient. Otherwise I'll be sicked on you, and it won't be pretty. k.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't mention Shadowgate Rising until your bump. I had no idea what you were talking about. Go here.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a pest, but I'm getting a File Not Found on that, Red...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: