Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Clock Tower 3 Beta?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Clock Tower 3 Beta? Reply with quote

http://www.capcom-central.com/Other/ct3.php?page=beta

Does this interest anyone?
Those screenshots are not in the final game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could they be from the JPN version (called Clock Tower 4 IIRC, since they skipped the first game)?

Also, what is this Capcon Central? Will it be like a Capcom equalivent of the Nintendo Database.
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when is Clock Tower a Capcom franchise anyway?
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugnut wrote:
Since when is Clock Tower a Capcom franchise anyway?

Clock Tower 3 was published by them. :p
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:
Could they be from the JPN version (called Clock Tower 4 IIRC, since they skipped the first game)?

Also, what is this Capcon Central? Will it be like a Capcom equalivent of the Nintendo Database.

It's my website. I['m going to cover as many games possible which were developed or published by Capcom.
It's not like NIntendo Database. Looking at NDB now, I think we are doing a lot more in-depth coverage. The website is not open yet, it's just that you guys got a sneak peek.

Are we sure this is a JP version of Clock Tower 3? I on't have any release info for CT4 in Japan. It was released in Japan as CT3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked Capcom Co.Jp's page and you were right. CT3 is the same title in Japan as it was in the US. I was most likely thinking about the Clock Tower game released for the Super Famicom before the PS games. Sorry for the confusion I've caused (I'm not too familiar with the Clock Tower series).
treeman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbering of the Clock Tower series is somewhat complicated.

I'll make a chart (kinda) to show the release names:

JAPAN | USA
Clock Tower | Not Released
Clock Tower II | Clock Tower
Clock Tower Ghosthead | Clock Tower II
Clock Tower III | Clock Tower III

It's funny that we never got the first Clock Tower, because in Japan they released it for the:

Super Famicom
WonderSwan
PlayStation (They added the subtitle, The First Fear to this release)
PC

But if you really want to check out the first clock tower game, a translation group translated the Super Famicom ROM so you can see what you missed out on. Kinda scary for a 16-Bit game.

As for the beta, cool, any information about it on the site where you go the pics from (probably not but it doesn't hurt to ask)
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, there isn't...
I wrote up something a while ago that might interest people confused with the numbering system for Clock Tower.

http://www.capcom-central.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=520

I think I missed out the wonderswan thing.

I'm currently on the look out for more info on CT3 beta.
treeman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the Japanese PC version, but I never opened it. I wonder if they just emulated the SNES ROM or if it is a port of the PSX version. Anybody know the answer to this so I don't have to open my PC version to check? (I'm a collector, so I like to keep things factory sealed)
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the PC version has a few differences not found in the SNES version. DOn't quote me on that though. :?
treeman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked my PC version and it has a different FMV intro than the psx version. Looks like it was done from scratch with a HORRIBLE 3D engine. Still interesting that they would make different FMV intros for the same game. Also, I didn't find any trace of an ending video or anything like that on the pc version.
treeman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about the Clock Tower 3 Beta pics that Nemesis556 posted and I remembered that there was a scene that resembled that, but the beta shot looks like an in-game screenshot and in the retail version it's a FMV. I took a snapshot so you can compare:

Beta Version:

Retail Version:

Also, the second beta screenshot heavily resembles one of the towns in the game, but there was no scene (as far as I remember) that showed him walking down the street.
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I knew the first shotn was an early version of the May Scene, but the second shot is something else, maybe a prologue? Or, it looks like the town that you encounter Corroder in...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: