Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

Super Skate Bros.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Super Skate Bros. Reply with quote

Okay, there is reference to this out there, so I know I didn't imagine it as a kid.
Is there anything other than what I've linked to here known about this game? Are there any plans to get it going in mame?
http://www.classicgaming.com/mailbag/mail036.shtml
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22super%20skate%20bros%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wg
merp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a CHR hack. Get it off GoodNES.
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's Super Skater Dudes. This was a chip-replacement hack for the arcade versions of SMB1. GoodNES doesn't have it. The reason why I got a hair up my ass about it is actually is because I just got the complete GoodNES, and had hoped it was in there with the various arcade NES games. Its been a couple of years since I went looking for info about it, that's why the usenet discussion brought some new info out for me.
merp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's for the Vs. Unisystem. I assembled the ROM myself. Very easy to do. You can do it yourself with the current ROMset and the one hacked CHR set.

Simply combine them in the reverse numerical order, PRG ROMs first then CHR ROMs. It goes the same for ANY Vs. Unisystem ROM. If the game doesn't work on the assigned Vs. Unisystem mappers, the home version equivalent mapper, or any at all for that matter; the game is copy-protected. I plan on disabling most of the copy-protection eventually.

I don't manage my time well enough :|
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, cool. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: