Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

Neverwinter Nights (PC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Neverwinter Nights (PC) Reply with quote

So uh, is this game any good?

I bought this game for $2 at a local flea market last saturday. Fully boxed (albeit beat up) version, three CDs with a manual and a cloth map thing, really neat. I tried installing it but then I realized that my shitty 450Mhz P-III won't cut it - let alone having to install 1.5 GB of files when all I have left is 2.4 GB.

I know this is an RPG, and that it's based on the 3rd Edition D&D rules... but I'm not a tabletop RPG player (Can you believe that I was snubbed by the engineering nerds? They wouldn't teach me how to play, the bastards... just 'cause I was in Business...), and I've only played some old console RPGs like the Final Fantasys (Pre-VII), Arcana, and Grandia II. That style of game.

I know next to nothing about this game, except that it's supposed to be good, and that I won't be able to play it until a week from now when I build my new computer, so does anyone here have any info or comments on this game? And also, I heard that you can add mods to it. Is this true? Where can I find such mods?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every "goth" I know owns that game. I don't know what that means.
Jred

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a site with some mods and they are rated so you don't end up with crap ones

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/modulesTop2.shtml

As for the game.. it's okay. I have friends who love it to death, but I got bored fast. Then again I have a short attention span, and get bored with most rpg's fairly fast.
Ancient Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a lot of people bash the actual game, yet highly praise the mods and the game editor.

But for $2, you don't have much to lose.
mrfreeze

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it and didn't like it much. But I really am not into the whole AD&D genre of Rpg's, so that could have a lot to do with it.
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A co-worker of mine who's huge into rpgs of PC and pen-and-paper variety speaks very highly of it as a good way to get a gaming fix if you aren't in a campaign. As I like pen-and-paper, but I'm not too keen on d20, I figure I'll get it when I see it ass cheap.
Like how I _just_ got Aliens vs Predator. One. Like, a week ago.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you liked Diablo, you should like this. If you didn't like Diablo, you probably won't like this.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played Diablo, go me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo is a lot more fast paced. NWN is faster than Baldurs Gate.. but not by a whole lot. Bioware is still supporting the game though.. and making free downloadable mods for single player, which is nice. You will probably get your $2 worth without much problem.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: It depends on how much you like modding... Reply with quote

NWN is sorta like RPGMaker for PCs.

It has a single player game, but it's real strength is the ability to make mods. I guess almost every tool that the designers used to create to game are shipped with it, thus you can do a lot of wacky things with it.
Geist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a friend used to coop play the single player game and it eventually turned into arguments over who gets to open chests and stupid stuff like that. Thanks to that game I havent talked to the guy in like 2 years.

Its actually a decent game though, but its better with a DM or at least playing the mods. Dont make the same mistake I did.

NWN, the only game proven to break up friendship.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens in all games. "Dammit, don't take that weapon, it's mine!" "Oopsie!" and stuff.

I like the game, but 3-D based games make me dizzy. Meh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: