Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

Banjo Kazooie / Tooie (Stop and Swop)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Banjo Kazooie / Tooie (Stop and Swop) Reply with quote

Has anyone ever dug up any info on this "Ice Key" and the 6 Eggs?
I have seen a few screenshots at the "Rare Witch Project", but otherwise, I cannot find anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are passwords that can be entered into Banjo-Kazooie to obtain the items, but no "natural" way is known to get them, nor is any known method to transfer them to Banjo-Tooie.

Sad to say, but the generally accepted theory is that Rare quietly scrapped Stop 'N Swap because Nintendo didn't like the idea of people removing their N64 carts from the system while the power was on. It's really a shame, I was highly looking forward to it because of that deceptive ending in BK.

Y'know, someone could definitely bring a false advertisement suit against Rare if they really wanted to. ;)
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why they couldn't have just stored the items on one of those woefully underused memory cards. It never made sense to me that some games stored their save files there, while others used internal battery-backed memory...
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still miffed that Nintendo refused to use CD media to store their games and instead chose overpriced carts. Meh.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hoe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
I'm still miffed that Nintendo refused to use CD media to store their games and instead chose overpriced carts. Meh.

Since it was the time of overpriced and underlifed 2x cd drives while systems still had shit for ram? I praise them for not jumping on the train too early.

BMF54123 wrote:
while others used internal battery-backed memory...

Production costs. Though games that did use an internal battery should of given the option of using the memory card.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter Belmont wrote:
There are passwords that can be entered into Banjo-Kazooie to obtain the items, but no "natural" way is known to get them,

They might have planned to release those passwords after reaching certain goals in Tooie.

I think there was a FAQ at the old Rareware site explaining all these things, but everything was removed as soon as they joined Microsoft.

I remember there was also a section where they even talked about some prototypes they never finished, with screens and all... It's a real shame that everything's lost now. =\

EDIT: I've just found Rare's official view on this matter at the time that Banjo-Tooie was still in development: Banjo-Kazooie Rumor Mill. Note how they talk about a canned game called "Dream", also known as "Conker 64: Twelve Tales", which was later completely changed into Conker's Bad Fur Day.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoe wrote:
Kitsune wrote:

Since it was the time of overpriced and underlifed 2x cd drives while systems still had shit for ram? I praise them for not jumping on the train too early.

Now explain to me how long has the Playstation lasted again? :P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream was an old Rare game, and it featured Tip Tup, who appeard in Banjo-Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
Now explain to me how long has the Playstation lasted again? :P

Longevity aside, it's still got a slow drive and shit for RAM. :P
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugnut wrote:
Longevity aside, it's still got a slow drive and shit for RAM. :P

It still outlived the POS N64.

Edit:
I hate the N64: I think it was Nintendo's biggest mistake. But, I don't deny the console had some great games.

I don't want to take this thread any further off-topic, so I'll just let the matter rest, k?
Hoe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing back an old topic.

By "underlifed" I was actualy refering to the life span of the drive, not the life span of their marketability.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoe wrote:
By "underlifed" I was actualy refering to the life span of the drive, not the life span of their marketability.

I haven't experienced issues with my ~5 year old PS' drive yet. Now the spindle is another story. Cheap plastic snaps...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: