Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 pm

Atari to release (semi) new console

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Atari to release (semi) new console Reply with quote

(Boring, non-related stuff taken out)

Atari wants to take you back in time, and to get there, you can ride a "Centipede" or an "Asteroid," or bounce back and forth between the pixilated paddles of "Pong."

The video game company told The Associated Press on Tuesday it plans to reissue scores of its classic titles from yesteryear on a single disc that can be played on the game consoles Xbox and PlayStation 2.

"Atari Anthology" will feature 85 games and is scheduled to go on sale in November at a cost of about $20.

But it's only one of the nostalgia projects Atari will push into the market then. The second is Atari Flashback, a slightly miniaturized version of the old Atari 7800 from the mid-'80s. It will have 20 games built into it, including "Breakout," "Solaris," "Crystal Castles" and "Battlezone."

Flashback will sell for $45 and include a pair of old-school joysticks.

Besides its array of classic Atari 2600 and 7800 titles, the Atari Flashback console will include one previously unreleased game: "Saboteur."

Wonder which joystick they're going to go with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
narc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 7800 joypads from what i read
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was an actual 7800 with a cartridge port, I'd be all over it. As it stands, I'm not paying $45 for what is probably a Famiclone with ported games.
narc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone will do a tutorial to add a cartridge port easily, but im speculating because it would depend on the guts of the system and probably isnt possible.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
If this was an actual 7800 with a cartridge port, I'd be all over it. As it stands, I'm not paying $45 for what is probably a Famiclone with ported games.

I only paid $5.99 for my TV Play Power Intellivision doodad, and still feel like I got ripped off. I've never played an actual Intellivision, but I know it can't be *that* bad.

Maybe if I can figure out how to wire a cartridge port to the thing, it won't be a total waste...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: