Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

Final Fantasy III WonderSwan Color

View previous topic :: View next topic  
treeman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Final Fantasy III WonderSwan Color Reply with quote

Anybody ever see any screenshots of this besides the 2 released by Square? Maybe a magazine or flyer shot?
KingMike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I believe Square did say that if FF1&2A does well, they'd like to do FF3 for GBA (and if they can come up with a remake they feel is still "faithful" to the original).
At least, I'm pretty sure that was (at least partly) why FF3WSC was cancelled.
treeman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The history of the cancellation of Final Fantasy III for the WonderSwan Color goes back to 2001, the release date was going to be around December (2001) but complications arose. I remember reading an interview with Square (I can't remember who they spoke to) and they said that they were having problems because of the size of the game (remember, it was a massive 8-Bit game - contentwise and if they upgraded everything to make it more modern then it was definitely going to be one of the biggest WSC games) and the release kept being pushed back. They then released Final Fantasy IV for the WonderSwan Color half a year after the planned release date of Final Fantasy III. By then people had already made rumors that it was cancelled until news from Square came promising that the game was still planned for release on the WSC. But then there was nothing ever heard about the game again except that the reason it wasn't released was because of cartridge size problems. This was all before Nintendo and Square fixed their relationship and made Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. With that said, I don't think the GBA possible release is the reason for the cancelling of FF3 WSC. Funny thing is that Nintendo wanted FF3 for the GBA, not FF1&2, but Square convinced them that FF1&2 comes first, then FF3.

Love to get my hands on this game...
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you haven't heard yet..

Nice to hear. If it comes to Japan, I'd say the FF series is popular enough that there's a fair shot at the game making it to the English world, no?

Apparently it will use the dual screens and touch screen of the DS. How exactly is not yet revealed. Wonder if they're planning to 3D-ize the game as well? Or is
Dais

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
Just in case you haven't heard yet..

Nice to hear. If it comes to Japan, I'd say the FF series is popular enough that there's a fair shot at the game making it to the English world, no?

Apparently it will use the dual screens and touch screen of the DS. How exactly is not yet revealed. Wonder if they're planning to 3D-ize the game as well? Or is

What has befallen his royal majesty, that he was unable to finish his train of thought? Find out by tuning in for the next episode of King Mike and the Knights of the romh Table!
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I'll try to think of an ending...

Or is it going to be a completion & port of the WSC game?

(I probably got lost looking at Square Enix Japan's page, checking out the "archive" (like FF7's page, retained in all its 1996 glory. :) )Then I think I just suddenly went back and hit SUBMIT without rereading.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that Square is finally getting around to making FF3. They've remade FF1 and 2 enough times now. I am a little concerned about them trying to add "touch screen" support to the game, since I'm not sure how they'll be able to without it seeming tacked on.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how they're gonna implement some sort of touch screen feature...

I hate it how Square usualy just makes "ports" and not proper remakes...

I suppose the Square-Enix merger have tought square a lesson in how to make proper remakes or something...

By the way Marcelo X, how come you haven't had anything on/about FF7-Dirge of Cerberus on your site yet?
(edit, read your boards, hehe, no need to reply)
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArnoldRimmer83 wrote:
Interesting that Square is finally getting around to making FF3. They've remade FF1 and 2 enough times now. I am a little concerned about them trying to add "touch screen" support to the game, since I'm not sure how they'll be able to without it seeming tacked on.

Instead of moving the cursor around with the d-pad, just tap where you would "click" as it were. That would make it the best controlling Final Fantasy ever.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I've imagined too...

Suppose you can quick change between costumes (but not in a normal way, I suppose you'll see a model of your character on the lower screen, then actualy have to scroll through closets, then open and evt. drag'n drop the job class costume of choice onto your character :-P
treeman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not looking forward to the touch screen, but outside of that, at least the USA will finally get an official FF3, even though it kills me that I can't play the WSC version but I'm just hoping that Lost Levels will get their dirty little hands on it and dumping it.

What I think the other screen will be used for is a map/item screen/battle stats, depending on what is going on in the game at that time.

Actually, implementing the original NES version as a bonus would kick ass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: