Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am

The was that isn't about Rockman DASH (Mega Man Legends)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: The was that isn't about Rockman DASH (Mega Man Legends) Reply with quote

Before during when the Mega Man Legends series was still active, Capcom's Capcom Friendly Club (not accepting memberships anymore) gave out Rockman DASH (Beta) discs to its members. I remember talking to a webmaster of a now defunct page, that I can't seem to find on archive.org, about the aforementioned disc. She was even going to make a copy for me and mail it to me (shhh...) All I can find about that beta disc is at a newer but lacking website called Legends Station.

Here is the currently available article about Rockman DASH (Beta). I'm still kind of upset that I can't find the other article by that girl I talked about. Hers also included CD art and she actually had disc. When I find her, I'm going to request the CD from her again. It would be nice to make a usenet Average Release on it.

When it came to Mega Man and Mega Man Legends, the Mega Man fans HATED it. I didn't ever get Mega Man and actually got pissed off and broke my first Nintendo controller when playing Mega Man 1. I LOVED the bastardized series that destroyed the vaguely constructed storyline. It's pretty certain now that they won't be continuing the series, but I'm not so sure that a 3rd Rockman DASH wasn't being planned. There was a long gap after the second one and any other Rockman games. My guess is that they transitioned the Rockman DASH to the Battle Network Rockman series. I'm sure there were some failed ideas on paper somewhere inbetween. I'd like to find those.

Input?

Last edited by merp on Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. I like both original and Legends.
I've only played the crapulous PC version of X, so I can't really speak for the X series.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you take a look on Street Fighter Zero, there's a Biohazard and a Rockman Dash preview/beta video...
(I think it was on this disc... if not, then it was on some other capcom release, anyway, back in the beginning Rockman Dash was named Rockman NEO, there's still traces of that on the disc, if you check, the exe file for the game itself is named NEO.EXE and such...)

If someone could dig out one of these beta discs, I'd love to take a look at it with my own eyes...

It's a shame that we'll propably never see a sequal to these great series...
I just imagine if they speeded the games up a little, kept the MML2 visuals, made the game for one of the current gen consoles, tossed around with a bucket of neat stuff... Sorta made a MML3 that is to MML1-2 what MMX was to MM.

I loved MML, and the story was just so... cruel! Even though it's supposed to be such a "kiddie" game.
Jonnymaru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Legedns/Dash series.

I'd have something to add while we are speaking about it.

There is an area in the game that has no purpose whatsoever.

The Factory in Old City.

It's an dropped area, along with 2 others that are (I think) park and Gym.

I saw a guide for sale once that featured them, but when I contacted the owner of get a copy, she said she wasn't selling them.

The site MAY have been called DASH!

If I find it, I'll edit this.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But just a question...
they bragged about Megaman 64 being "expanded"...

What changes was made to it?

As far as I know from people that've played it, only some models had been changed + enemy/item locations...

(Crap... I gotta get myself Megaman 64... one of the titles that's like "missing" in my collection)
merp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnymaru wrote:
I loved the Legedns/Dash series.

I'd have something to add while we are speaking about it.

There is an area in the game that has no purpose whatsoever.

The Factory in Old City.

It's an dropped area, along with 2 others that are (I think) park and Gym.

I saw a guide for sale once that featured them, but when I contacted the owner of get a copy, she said she wasn't selling them.

The site MAY have been called DASH!

If I find it, I'll edit this.

I'd like to know more about the areas that you are describing. As for everything you've mentioned, you're exactly right. I've got a responce from the author of Legends Station. The good news is that he was able to verify the author of the previous site "DASH!", Liz-Sama. She runs some blog now and draws anime. I have no need to go through her if everything goes well with "fab", author of Legends Station. He also has a legit copy of the beta disc. Liz-Sama offered to give me a copy of the beta disc. I've requested a copy and scans of the disc and covers from fab for an article that I hope to get around to writing. If I can't get it through fab, I'll try to dig up some guilt with Liz-Sama and get that copy she promised me way back when.

I'd like to hack around with the disc to find if there are any more lost areas and sprites within the game. What I'd really like to get is a copy of the original Rockman Dash CD... Hrmm.

It's good to see your interest, Jonnymaru.
Dais

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be sure to give us Liz-sama's address and home phone number, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: