Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

anyone play san andreas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnymaru wrote:
Ichiban Crush wrote:

The thing I don't get is, even when they were popular, a lot of people that went to their concerts would swear up and down that they really sucked bad live.

Why the hell would you spend money to get into a concert just to tell them they suck?!

I dunno, that's what everyone does at Primus concerts.
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is more of a conclusion made AFTER hearing them play live for the first time, not going to the show thinking "Oh MAN! This is going to suck donkey balls, but my dumbass is still going to their show!"

I've heard mixed things actually, but generally what I hear is something along the lines of "they're nowhere near as good live as they sound on their albums."
narc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say they get that reputation based off the fact that GnR along with most rock bands of the time period have done the majority of their concerts either high on drugs. drunk, or a combination of the two.

Anyone who has watched various behind the musics on VH1 can spot that trend considering most claim it was the thing to do.

yup i paid cash to see (name of band) in concert and watch the singer slur his words and mess up all my favorite songs.

(on a side note the top option is better than having sabastian bach sling a bottle thrown on stage back at the crowd and hit me in the face during that process) Every time i see that footage i still wonder what he was thinking
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen G'n'R live, but I've heard some of bootlegs from before The Suckening. They tended to start out sounding as bad as Axel And His Drinking Buddies were on MTV, but about four songs in they built up enough momentum that they're cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: