Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

Selling videogame stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Selling videogame stuff Reply with quote

Since I remember that a few months ago some guy tried to sell stuff / pimp his eBay auctions here and it wasn't well received... I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to advertise stuff.

I want to sell some old things I have lying around, but I can't use eBay because I'm not registered as a seller with them. They refuse to accept my bank account. :P So... I guess that DigitalPress has a forum for that, right? Any other places I can go to?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rec.games.video.marketplace

I remember that place teeming with cool auctions, like Neil Gordon from Canada and some dude named pepper. I went to that newsgroup a month ago after not having been there for a couple years. You could almost smell the mothballs.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimping your auctions here isn't really a big deal, the problem with that douche was he registered JUST to do it, and that is ass.

If you want to, go for it, just don't be totally annoying about it.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap: Annoying? Me? How rude! ;P

adaml: Uh. I can't. My ISP doesn't even know what usenet is.

Maybe there should be a board for selling and buying stuff, but again... that could lead to guys like the one you mentioned, kap. Meh.

If anyone cares... I'll do it here. It's just a dead Sega CD2 system (just the peripheral, no Genesis - I think a friend said that a fuse was blown - I used the wrong AC adapter on it), a Genesis 2 + SegaCD2 with two pads, RF Switch and both AC Adaptors, a Capcom Power Stick Fighter for the Genesis, and what I think is a SNES copier, without the thing to connect to the SNES, an AC Adaptor, or a decent floppy drive. I dunno what's the asking price for these things.

I want to sell them because I need money to pay for some stuff I want to buy... I really don't use them anymore, so. Yeah.

Thanks guys. Sorry for being annoying.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's some junky stuff. I don't think you'll get more than like $40 for the lot.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about what I need. I want to get $75 before the year ends so I can pay off a debt of mine... I've already got $30, heh. So. To be honest, I thought the CPS Fighter would cost more, since it was, you know, kinda rare back in the day. And it's by Capcom, not by asciiware or Sega.

Oh, Red, I found a few videogame magazines that may interest you... about two years worth of Mexican Club Nintendos from the late 90s, two or three Nintendo Powers, and other misc. junk. If ya want, I can PM you the details. I dun need them.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, totally. Do that.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
Maybe there should be a board for selling and buying stuff, but again... that could lead to guys like the one you mentioned, kap. Meh.

Ehhhhh. Really, IMO, off topic is fine. Like you said before, DP has a forum for it, and I don't really see any point in starting another new forum just for that here, unless there's a lot of interest and Red feels like it's a good idea.

If we were to get people registering just do it it, we would notice, and then we would ban them, just like last time :)

I don't really care what anyone does here as long as they aren't blatantly annoying, illegal, offensive, blah blah blah. It's been good so far, and we generally don't need to act like nazis because we aren't getting a lot of morons.

Blah blah blah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: