Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm

More SNES crap from EGM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingMike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: More SNES crap from EGM Reply with quote

Looking through EGM May 1993 (the one with the big long first version Genesis SF2), I did notice a few things SNES related.

One thing was an interview with Argonaut. They did mention of Wayne's World being developed for SNES CD (the only other game I've heard speculated about being a CD game was Gaudulin/GDLeen), as well as the unreleased SNES game Home Alone 2: Kevin's Dream. Though I thought Nintendo Power once said that Bobby's World (also unreleased) was a license re-work of that game. Though it appears as though this RSP listed in the credits is a music producer.
Glancing toward SNESCentral...
Also, there is a full-page preview of (the apparently unreleased) Spellcraft, as well as an ad in some magazine I have around. Any need to scan them? There is a ROM of it going around, though.
Though as to ASCII imploding... I thought they were releasing into the PS1 days, and continuing to release stuff today as AGETEC. Or is there something I don't know?
Dais

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't there always been a rumor around that Secret of Mana was intended for the SNES CD?

As for the ASCII/Agetec thing, it looks like there's a definite answer: http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_7/nl/pubDisp.htm
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've an EGM article around here somewhere that lists several games planned for the SNES-CD, including a port of The 7th Guest and some Star Trek TNG game among (I think) others.
DarkSol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dais wrote:
Hasn't there always been a rumor around that Secret of Mana was intended for the SNES CD?

I could have sworn the rumor was that Seiken Densetsu was supposed to be a multi disk release for the Famicom Disk System.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you mean that same rumor that inspired an entire article on this very site?

http://www.lostlevels.org/200311/200311-square.shtml
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret of Mana = Seiken Densetsu 2
And yeah, this one was supposed to be a SnesCD game...
just wonder what got altered...
The graphics clearly shows that it wasn't meant for the regular snes (pallette, with it's "odd" colors and the resolution too)
Some areas supposedly cut down to fit the 16mbits cart it now used, instead of a full CD...
Music turned from CD-DA to a midi like format (Oddly enough, no OST release with the original music, but instead just using the Snes versions in higher sampling rate)

Wonder if the game was gonna have cut-scenes...

Wish they'd release a full version of this one, along with a re-release of Seiken Densetsu 3 (which was actualy a bit rushed, so this one could've propably been expanded too)

A nice "Seiken Densetsu 2-3 - Director's Cut" re-release, or something like that, would be VERY nice ^_^

Oh!
And Seiken Densetsu 1 (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest GB or FInal Fantasy Adventure) was supposedly a FDS game.
Just like that nice long article tells you so kindly about ^_^

(I love this site, every now and then, a new article that'll kill a few minutes of my dead time at work)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: