Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

Clayfighter 63 1/3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonnymaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Clayfighter 63 1/3 Reply with quote

I'm sure some of you know of this.

While this game was in production, there were shots of charaters that didn't make it into the final, such as LockJaw Pooch, Zappa Yow Yow Boyz, Lady Liberty, High Five, and the most interesing Hobocop.

A short time afterward, a special edition of the game entitled "Sculptors Cut" was released, putting all the said characters back in, with the exception of Hobocop. It came with a price however, to make room, they had to get rid of some moves and Claytalities. Still, there are a few things that intrigue me.

From info I gathered on this game, there was supposed to be a "Stage Claytality" in which you knocked your oppenent into a ginat toilet. It was never implemented, but I do remember reading about it in a magizine, and wondering how to it when I first played the game.
Also, Nintendo would not allow them to put Hobocop in the game, since he was, afterall, a Drunken Hobo.

If my mind serves me correcty, wasn't this game supposed go come out on the Playstation, or was that one of the other two in the series?

Anyone else know something I don't?
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was supposed to be a playstation version of the game. I've heard of a proto of that being in a collector's possession, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Figures that Hobocop was scrapped completely, as he was the most amusing looking character to me back when the game was first announced.
pineapplehead2
BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks, Nintendo havea a habit of doing things like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ICEknight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for re-bumping an old topic like this, but I just looked for some info and it looks like some French sites have a list of all the special attacks for both Hobocop and Lady Liberty, which have been mentioned as "missing" in this thread.

I'm just guessing here, but perhaps it was just censored from the US version? We only got one Clayfighters version in Europe, and I'm positive it also included Lady Liberty and co.

Also, there's some guy from Texas at this forum who says he sometimes uses the nickname Hobocop because of the playstation version, but he might just have a bad memory...
Jonnymaru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Liberty was in "Sculptors Cut".

Hobocop is the only one who has never been playable, to the best of my knowledge.
PlayStationMuseum
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, what I would do for Clayfighter Extreme. For some odd reason I loved the Clayfighter series.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just emailed a picture of Hobocop, thought some of you guys might enjoy.

(hosted on Imageshack, if someone wants to mirror it on more reliable webspace that would be cool)
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!

(Should be good to keep it alive for some time, considering the fact that I apparently paid for two years of hosting + planning on extending unless I feel unhappy)
Cubivore10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Reply with quote

I hhave some of his moves, and a few screenshots if anybody cares to take a look. I'll post it if anybody cares...
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
(hosted on Imageshack, if someone wants to mirror it on more reliable webspace that would be cool)

Use the 'upload image' link on the post form, dummy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: