Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:39 pm

Donkey Kong Ongaku Asobi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Take your word for it Reply with quote

Dais: I don't appreciate being called "insane", when it is clearly you who has not done your homework. Majora's Mask --- that's a sequel to Ocarina of Time, right? Why? The association that it bore was that it was starring the same Link that fought Ganon from OoT.

Well, then. Read the introduction to Wind Waker. Same Hyrule, right? The story mentions how the hero "never came back". Well, he didn't. The ending of Ocarina of Time created two seperate timelines (this has been stated by Eiji Aonuma in several interviews).

Princess Zelda used the ocarina to send Link back to his own time.
This created timeline #1, which leads into Majora's Mask.

Timeline #2, however, is also witnessed at the end of Ocarina of Time:
Everybody getting their party on at Lon Lon Ranch after Ganon is destroyed.
Now, think about this for one moment: Ganon has destroyed much of Hyrule,
but he was sealed away in the Evil Realm, and now life goes on in a post-Ganondorf Hyrule.

But...

....Young Link is still witnessed meeting Young Princess Zelda at the end of Ocarina of Time. Now, rather than this being an endless time loop, Nintendo says that there is ONE Ganon, and one Link. Ganon is still stuck in the Evil Realm somewhere in an alternate future, and Young Link is still in his own Ganondorf-less world, searching for Navi in Majora's Mask. Get it?

Two timelines. It's not that hard to grasp.
Therefore...
Wind Waker is a sequel to the Ocarina of Time, but starring
a new kid named Link. The story goes that Ganondorf eventually
broke the barrier that kept him away from Hyrule, and started to
wreak havoc upon the world. With no Hero of Time to save them
anymore (remember, Link had been sent back to his own time),
the gods themselves stepped in; they did a Noah's Ark --- flooded Hyrule, choosing only select people and races to save, and put Ganondorf
under yet another curse, of which he eventually broke free from hundreds
of years later, yadda-yadda, blahbity-blahbity, that's where the game begins.

I'm not insane. I'm a rabid Zelda geek, and I know my crap. Razz

SlyphGlitch wrote:
The thing that made the WW so controversial was the fact
that realistic Zelda was shown at SpaceWorld 2000. When it
switched styles, a lot of people were pissed. To announce
a realistic Zelda and then go back to Celda would be
suicide on Nintendo's part.

But as Blues stated earlier, Ganon gets it at the
end of WW. A true sequel to WW could be a nice
way to restart the series.

Yup. Ganon being dead for once (rather than sealed away in some realm),
I thought Nintendo would jump at the opportunity to create a whole new kind of Zelda game. *sigh* Oh well...
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hated every 3d Zelda game to exist so far, but I guess I can just put this little bit into layman's terms, and I'm sure everyone will agree: It's sad that, when something as beautiful and breathtaking as Wind Waker exists, a living breathing cartoon with awesome color and etc etc etc, people continue to point at it and go "Nintendo is for kids".

It's like Nintendo needs this new game coming up to look bland and realistic just like every fucking thing else on the shelf to all of a sudden be taken seriously again. People say they want creativity, but they clamor for something just like everything else.

That mpeg that's been floating around for months is pretty cool, it is impressive, and yeah, Nintendo originally showed something like it several years ago, but people suck. I am out of steam. Feh.
nixon
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree kap. I havn't seen a game that has impressed me so much visually with all of it's little touches in as far as I can remember. Not to say the game didn't have it's flaws, but those were more gameplay wise, but visually the game was amazing and did an incredible job of doing what it was supposed to do: draw you into Hyrule and it's inhabitants.

The people were expressive, and unique (the guy who sells you the bait, the kid with the runny nose) and you truly felt bad when your sister got taken away and you were snatched away the first time before you could save her.

Poor bid N for being stuck in this world of making great, very highly playable, and sometimes innovative games, but being labeled as kiddie because you can't blow off a guys head every three seconds. Sigh.
narc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think about the situation though nintendo has to market itself in two directions. They need the pokemon loving bug their parents to death kids to buy nintendo products. Then they want to bring in the older crowd that is in to GTA and other violent games. They are going to continue having a hard time with how older gamers view them until they figure out how to successfully market themselves. Yes resident evil 4 is on the system and that is great but to most gamers its one game surrounded by a bunch of cartoony games.

I realize that nintendo has a really good variety of games appealing to all gamers but I know a lot of people who dont and dont take more than a glance at the gamecube. Nintendo cant expect people to read in depth on the system to figure out what it offers the older gamers. Both ps2 and xbox come across with a mass appeal factor that nintendo hasnt been able to do yet. But I will say thank god they made link grow up rather than try something like conker 64 again. I think they are finally learning how to hit gamers of all ages with at least some of their 1st party stuff.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixon wrote:
I'd agree kap. I havn't seen a game that has impressed me so much visually with all of it's little touches in as far as I can remember. Not to say the game didn't have it's flaws, but those were more gameplay wise, but visually the game was amazing and did an incredible job of doing what it was supposed to do: draw you into Hyrule and it's inhabitants.

The people were expressive, and unique (the guy who sells you the bait, the kid with the runny nose) and you truly felt bad when your sister got taken away and you were snatched away the first time before you could save her.

Poor bid N for being stuck in this world of making GRATE, very highly playable, and sometimes innovative games, but being labeled as kiddie because you can't blow off a guys head every three seconds. Sigh.

Two words: voice acting. Many games on Nintendo consoles have shitty sounds instead of voices, many games on the other consoles have real voices. I'll even take semi-annoying voices over shitty sound effects. Imagine playing Conker's Bad Fur Day (yes, I know, different console) and listening to BlipBooDippBooDipp and having to read subtitles, instead of listening to the character deliver the one-liners. Final Fantasy VI "opera" instead of the Great Mighty Poo.

The voice acting in Tales of Symphonia may be a little annoying (isn't the voice of Genis the same as the little boy from La Pucelle Tactis?), but at least it's tolerable. Mario Sunshine pisses me off, with a bunch of shitty sounds and a few (annoying) words thrown in. Most of the Nintendo-produced games are like this, and it's second rate and shitty. Even the ones that have speech usually are annoying as hell (Ocarina of Time and that fucking fairy).

The god damned Intellivision had some voice support. That was twenty years ago. It's time to move to the next level. I'd accept shitty sounds in, say, a SpongeBob Squarepants game, since that's what the cartoon is. I'm definitely not going to buy it, though.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly, I've hated Link's voice all the time.
(hate it)

But I like how he keeps shut in all the games...
(no dialogue)

Anyway, I think those "bloopblipblop" sounds works fine for speech, it puts a little personality into the character...

'cause real voice acting can be 10x more annoying if it's poorly done.

But I can honestly say that I too HATE the darned sounds from the flubby guys in Sunshine... (sunshine pissed me off in general anyway)
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(hate it)

You think that's bad, you should hear CD-i Link's voice.

*shudder*
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else played Klonoa 2 for the PS2? There's a ton of spoken dialogue in that game, yet it's all in (as far as I know) a fictional language. There's even a song with "fake" lyrics. I think it conveys the personalities and emotions of the characters very well, and makes the game world seem that much more alien and surreal. Pretty interesting.
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Take your word for it Reply with quote

SlyphGlitch wrote:

I thought they just showed it on the GC tech demo, rather than announcing a proper game. You know, like "Super Shitton Of Marioes Run Around Like Decapitated Chickens Melee."
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone else played Klonoa 2 for the PS2? There's a ton of spoken dialogue in that game, yet it's all in (as far as I know) a fictional language. There's even a song with "fake" lyrics. I think it conveys the personalities and emotions of the characters very well, and makes the game world seem that much more alien and surreal. Pretty interesting.

I pre-ordered Klonoa 2 - Lunatea's Veil...
Awesome game...

And yeah, it's language is pretty neat.

The prequal "Klonoa - Door to Phantomile" does the same thing.

Both of those games have cruel storylines!
They're both awesome and should be in ANY game lovers collection!

Quote:

I just say "ALL HAIL THE 95 ZELDA 64 DEMO WITH MARIO ENGINEZ0RZOMFG!!!"111Eleven!"
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugnut wrote:
Quote:
(hate it)

*shudder*

Well excuuuuuse me, princess!
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
lugnut wrote:
Quote:
(hate it)

*shudder*

Well excuuuuuse me, princess!

God, Link was such a dick in that show. Like, he was as big a jerk as Ataru. One time some monsters grabbed a rupie that Link had spotted in the street, while they were busting shit up in Hyrule. Then Link gives a damn and is all "That's my money, bitches!QQ!"
Teflon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KlarthAilerion wrote:
Voice acting is super cool.

I'd rather have some shitty TEEEEE!!! sounds or whatever than have Link dully say "darn you Ganon/Vataii/whatever sucky villian Nintendo decides to pull out of their ass. you stole the super stone and shut down the 4 Master Sword's power." which would ruin the entire scene. :o
KingMike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL OF YOU ON THIS BOARD HAVE FORGOTTEN ONE THING:

10TH ENEMY IS THE BOMB

(BTW, how does this relate to DK Ongaku Asobi anyways :P)
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(BTW, how does this relate to DK Ongaku Asobi anyways :P)

Because, DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lugnut wrote:
Quote:
(BTW, how does this relate to DK Ongaku Asobi anyways Razz)

Because, DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE.

Man's got a point.
Mister Syd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKOA Ad?

Found this in a Nintendo Mario & Zelda Anthology book I got a while back, hope it's of some use to somebody.

(The game is featured in the upper-right corner)
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anything in this ad. I yelled "enhance, ENHANCE!" at my monitor but nothing happened.
Jurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
I can't see anything in this ad. I yelled "enhance, ENHANCE!" at my monitor but nothing happened.

top right
LocalH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's complaining about the low quality of the image, and the fact that you can't see a single detail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: