Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 pm

Pirate crapiness
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mxyzptlk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad that 45-in-1 was filled with games I can't bring myself to download, but CaH4e3 says that every Aladdin ROM (the SNES ripoff, that is) has the Popeye graphics lying around the ROM. He even found a GG code (PAOEILAA) that changes the title from

ALADDIN

to

POPEYE TRAVELS IN PERSIA

but little else. Anyone here capable of this kind of ROMhacking? raise your hand please (I don't)
I know this kind of pirate suff is appreciated in some places, like the great TheRedEye website that's left us, or Mr Merp's average website...
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear my favorite Street Fighter pirate ever has finally been dumped. Do yourself a favor and play it. I actually found this game on a pirate Genesis 8 in 1 in the local pawnshop way back when. It's nice to finally know the title.

Would you believe Innovation actually thought they were going to get away with retitling the game "Street Battle" and releasing it in America? If I had web space I'd upload the blissfully ignorant EGM preview that was printed in the middle of an SOA propaganda supplement.
Mia D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Li Wang wrote:
If I had web space I'd upload the blissfully ignorant EGM preview that was printed in the middle of an SOA propaganda supplement.

How much space do you need? Because holy BALLS I want to see that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imageshack.us is your image-hosting friend.
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always forget about those free image places when I actually need to post an image.

I can't find the cd with the scan of the preview, but feel free to enjoy this Innovation ad from the August 1993 issue of Video Games and Computer Entertainment.

Like EGM Preview and Street Hero Review, only better
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact, that I think I told a bunch of you but probably isn't public knowledge: there's a prototype of Dooley the Dinosaur, and the in-game music is the guitar riff from "Smells Like Teen Spirit."
ICEknight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think the original version of that "Cave Dude" game (Toto World 3) has also been dumped by SMS Power some time ago.

The fact that the enemies in the first level were the main characters of Toki and The Newzealand Story might have something to do with its unreleased status.
Computolio_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently at a secondhand store, I found two pirate multicarts- one has a Chinese label with 18-IN-1 somewhere on it, and the other is called the 1992 1050-IN-1. I don't have a Famicom adaptor and I'm curious as to what's on these carts. I can't find ROMs of them at all.

Who would I send them to to get them dumped?
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not too likely to find anyone willing to do multicarts Sad
iamstillhiro1112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Li Wang wrote:
It would appear my favorite Street Fighter pirate ever has finally been dumped. Do yourself a favor and play it. I actually found this game on a pirate Genesis 8 in 1 in the local pawnshop way back when. It's nice to finally know the title.

Would you believe Innovation actually thought they were going to get away with retitling the game "Street Battle" and releasing it in America? If I had web space I'd upload the blissfully ignorant EGM preview that was printed in the middle of an SOA propaganda supplement.

I just made a few codes for this game at gshi. Use them if you need them.

http://www153.pair.com/gshi/?s=v2&sys=13&gid=1129

Yeah, I guess it's an ok game. I guess most Master System games are of this quality.
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
LostLevels is credited with reviewing it, and TSR is mentioned too. I'd love someone to translate that and tell me exactly what it has to say about TSR and if we're essentially getting shit on thanks to his reviewing shit on his site before anything was meant to be let out.

It's Portuguese...

And it's of the lines of... "On TSR's a review for this game appeared. Shortly after the game's review was removed. Afterwards Lost Levels reviewed the game and released the ROM. There appears to be some sort of connection between TSR and Lost Levels."

When in fact we know that Wilson just leaked them to TSR and TSR all hopped-up on the giddy beans reviewed them without knowing any better.

On the bottom it just says "Thanks to Lost Levels for releasing the ROM."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mari Sonik 1?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: