Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:55 pm

Takahashi Meijin, now and then

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICEknight

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Takahashi Meijin, now and then Reply with quote

If anybody was wondering what had happened with the "real" Master Higgins, here's a link to Takahashi's official site, which hosts his own blog as well as a T-shirt shop.

Now, here's something wierd I got from this site:
Quote:
Adventure Island
In the history of Hudson, no other characters have become more famous than Takahashi Meijin, who boasts 16 shootings. He appeared as a character in animation series and games in the 80's when family computers were enjoying the largest popularity. The memorable first work of Takahashi Meijin, "Takahashi Meijin's Island of Adventure" has appeared as a game dedicated for the 504i in "Chakushin Appli" The original game is a prestigious game with great popularity released in 1986, which became a million-seller and has been made into a series for various game machines. Thanks to the large capacity of the 504i, you can enjoy this i-Appli version with improved graphics clearer than that of the original version, along with sound effects and BGM. Also, for improved operability with a mobile phone, the weapons are set to fire automatically. Furthermore, it contains hidden underhanded tricks unique to the i-Appli version. Why don't you try finding them?

Animation series? Any clues of what they're talking about?

Also, has anybody found an answer to "How can Wonder Boy and Adventure Island be exactly the same", already?
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing that the Famicom game "Takahashi Meijin no Bugutte Honey" was based on an anime, based on Adventure Island. The title screen does have some copyright saying "Hudson .NTV .TMS

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find out much more info regarding that game, or any series.

Here is a scan of the cartridge from tsr's old site. Notice some random kids hanging with Higgins and the fairy girl. I haven't beaten this game yet, so I dunno if they actually show up in it or not.

Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some months ago, someone showed me a Japanese site dedicated to animes that were either based on games or had some sort of connection to games worth noting.

I just can't find the link, but I think I saw adventure island on one of the pages there.

I'll try to remember to ask if that someone still knows the link next talk to her again.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find anything about the anime, but I came across this awesome video.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhha. if only i could do that with girls heinys.
jc dracula

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawnphase wrote:
jhha. if only i could do that with girls heinys.
they would bleed to death
Mister Syd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall where I got this from, but here it is none the less.

handofg0d

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, get ready for more information than you ever cared to have about this anime series!

The anime was called Honey The Bug (Bugtte no Honey)
It ran from 10/3/86 - 9/25/87, a total of 51 half-hour episodes, and 1 movie (Honey the Bug Dance Megarom Girl 4622 - runtime 48 mintues)
which premiered 7/21/87.

Produced by Hudson and Tokyo Movie Shinsha
Written by Shun-ichi Yukimuro

TV Cast:
Chie Koujiro as Honey
Yuu Mizushima as Takahashi
Yuji Mitsuya as Wannappu

Movie Cast:
Director: Akinori Nagaoka
Character Design: Minoru Maeda

Chie Koujiro as Honey
Yuu Mizushima as Takahashi
Chika Sakamoto as Topo
Ichirô Nagai as Daikyura
Junpei Takiguchi as King Kyura
Keiichi Nanba as Rio
Kenichi Ogata as Monomi Karasu
Naoki Tatsuta as Robo
Ryo Horikawa as Kawadachu
Ryuuji Saikachi as Otasha
Shigeru Chiba as Skeleton
Shinobu Adachi as Midori
Tomomichi Nishimura as Honeycomb 1
Toshiharu Sakurai as Daru
Yuji Mitsuya as Wannappu
Yumiko Shibata as Santa

And, here's 2 images:

How many internets do I win for finding this useless/very-useful/useless-again information?
Altered Bonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is the show called Honey The Bug when Master Higgins is clearly the reason to watch?
Druid II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Takahashi Meijin, now and then Reply with quote

ICEknight wrote:
Also, has anybody found an answer to "How can Wonder Boy and Adventure Island be exactly the same", already?

Hudson ripped them off, and changed the main character (by adding a hat to him) to Takahashi. At least according to Wikipedia.

Related to the topic, There was a remake of the first Adventure Island game on the PS2 with 3d gfx, but exact same gameplay, titled Hudson Selection Vol. 4 - Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjima.

And if I remember correctly, Takahashi was also featured in that Hudson Smash Brothers clone, Dream Fighter TV Mix or something like that - the game featured, among others, Bomberman, Solid Snake, and Optimus Prime (!!!!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: