Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 pm

Atlantis II auction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drsteve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Atlantis II auction Reply with quote

Hey I'm new here, but I wanted to inform everyone of the laughable new ebay auction for the ultra rare Atlantis II. Check it out here. It still blows my mind he wants near two million dollars for the game.
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll chip in $1.47!!
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He honestly hopes someone will pay him over 1,750,000 for that? Ha, I wish that guy good luck.

Actually no I don't.
drsteve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be a sad day for the whole world if someone payed 1,750,000 for an atari 2600 game. At least we know there is no way in the world someone would buy this.
Deeblite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are bids on it.
Someone's a fucking moron with more dollars than sense.

EDIT: Either that or the seller's in for a big disappointment.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeblite wrote:
I think there are bids on it.
Someone's a fucking moron with more dollars than sense.

EDIT: Either that or the seller's in for a big disappointment.

No, there is no bidding. It's buy it now or nothing.
AlabasterGothe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!1one

That guy's a retard for that kinda asking price. And I thought I was insane. xD
KingMike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Seller A Question wrote:
Q: If indeed as you say - you can't tell the diffrence between an original and a fake -, and the original documents can only be authenticated by sight, do you reimburse for airfare if the prospective buyer is less than satisfied that it is the original article? I didn't get my millions by running to all corners of the globe for a fruitless search. -D.
Nov-11-06

A: It's real! I was in the contest this was not picked up somewhere else! and yes I will give you 100% all money back including any air fair and expenses if it's not the real thing! You can bet on it!

Q: Is it possible to come play the game BEFORE purchase is made?
Nov-11-06

A: If you’re serious sure! But since you want the game a retainer of 250,000 will be needed! Once you agree it's the real deal I expect the rest of the payment for the item! After the rest of the payment is made then you can take the item away! This will be fair to both of us!

Q: Hi. How about close-up pictures of the documents that are already posted on Atariage...I need to see exactly what I'm thinking of buying. Thanks again!
Nov-11-06

A: Yep they are there and yes mine are orignal but i am not going to take new pics and not all docs are posted on atariage

Q: Oh, one more question, what about the box?
Nov-10-06

A: Yeah! What about it! It was nothing more than an Atlantis (ONE) Cartridge box with a sticker on the cellophane that said Atlantis II if you want a box make one yourself! I probably have the original box but I know I riped off the celephane to the box so the little generic Atlantis II Mailing label to the box is gone!

Q: Hi. Could you perhaps post some Macro/close-up pictures of the game and all the paperwork?? Thanks!
Nov-10-06

A: nope! That won't happen since I have documents that are not posted anywhere on the net! even in the last Atlantis II auctions they were not posted! So the buyer is in for a treat!

Q: Sorry, one more question...could you post a picture of the game in a system being played...or perhaps a video! Thanks again:)
Nov-10-06

A: The buyer of this item is welcome to come and play a game at my home! once we pick up the item from the bank. so there is no need to do what your asking.

Q: Hello very cool collectable, however...last week the identical game was being auctioned and it also included the docs as well. I am very certain that it was also a real Atlantis II, The first auction went under 3K and the next time for under a 1K. So with this other Atlantis II available for Approx. 3K, why would you think someone would pay your price? Is this auction more for bragging rights? Just curious
Nov-10-06

A: That’s a simple question! Here is your answer one they did not sell they had ungodly reserves on them! Second nobody knew that only 10 real Atlantis II Carts existed until now! This is 1/10 made if people want to accept less than what something is worth then that's their preference! Not mine! If you can get a real one so cheap I would buy it!

Q: Hi kingmeanguns,I hope you get your asking price, but if not would you consider reposting the item with a reserve price so we could see the bidding action?(I guess the listing would be expensive,but it would be exciting!)good luck :-)
Nov-09-06

A: It cost money to put a reserve price on the auction! In fact the higher the reserve the more money it costs just to list the item! I'm not in the business of loosing money. Sorry it’s my price and that’s what I will accept for this gem!

Q: I know that this is a rare item, but why do you have it priced so outrageously high?
Nov-09-06

A: It's my price! 1/10 in the world? I know of items in auctions that I thought were complete garbage that went for over a million. this in my opinion has a lot more value than all those auction items! If you had one of the worlds greatest treasures would you settle for less? I think not!

Q: Hi, I'm federico, from Italy. My site is www.gamescollection.it Really compliments for your Atlantis II and your GRATE acution. I've a question: I would make a Special Article on my website about your cart. Could you send me 2 o 3 good pics about the materials? It will be a GRATE pleasure for me speack about your story. Many thanks Federico
Nov-09-06

A: No I can't thats when Original Atlantis II carts and docs start poping up everywhere! Again there are only 10 made worldwide! Thats it! 10

Q: I was wondering what you would sell your Cart for? Thank you, Richard Lecce
Nov-09-06

A: I wont split it up without the docs the cart is valueless to me as a company in europe makes reproduction carts from original atlantis 1 cases and yes they use mask roms in the case so you can't tell the diffrence between an original and a fake!

So, some other auctions didn't sell because the others put "ungodly reserves" on them, and second, he apparently belives the letters are were the 1.75mil really is.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, please understand, this guy KNOWS he is not going to sell it. He is just trying to raise the value of this cart by posting an auction of it. That's all this is, ya dig?

-Rob
BBH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and I never, never got my T-shirt. I'm still angry about that even after 24 years; Yes I'm still mad!

I hope it's a joke, I really do.
Deeblite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBH wrote:
Quote:
and I never, never got my T-shirt. I'm still angry about that even after 24 years; Yes I'm still mad!

The funniest part of this is, when this DOESN'T sell, he's still going to owe ebay a listing fee of ~$52,000
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drsteve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Q: is this ps2 compatable?

Best Question Ever

Quote:
Q: Hey! Would you be willing to go as low as $1,700,000? Thanks!

A: NO! The Price is set and firm! Sorry Dude no compromises! I had an offer as low as 5000.00 and as high as yours no I won't sell it unless my price is met!

I think that this proves that this isn't a serious auction at all.
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeblite wrote:
BBH wrote:
Quote:

The funniest part of this is, when this DOESN'T sell, he's still going to owe ebay a listing fee of ~$52,000

I think that he has put the auction up on a 50 cents day.
Deeblite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:
Deeblite wrote:
BBH wrote:
Quote:

Nope- I asked him and he said he knew he'd have to pay the listing fee anyway. He's under the impression that it's going to be in the $4,000 range though. I may have been mistaken about the formula to figure out the amount. But still, $4,000 or $52,000, thats still a lot of money. I don't think he intends it as a joke.
Shiratski

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show off.
Deeblite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiratski wrote:
Show off.

Who- me?! For what?
Mark30001

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeblite wrote:
Nicola wrote:
Deeblite wrote:
BBH wrote:
Quote:

Nope- I asked him and he said he knew he'd have to pay the listing fee anyway. He's under the impression that it's going to be in the $4,000 range though. I may have been mistaken about the formula to figure out the amount. But still, $4,000 or $52,000, thats still a lot of money. I don't think he intends it as a joke.

If people can waste money like that, tell him to send some to me! :p
eTeban

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda dev cart for 20,000 U.S.D.

Quote:
This is a one-of-a-kind NES sample/demo/development cart of The Legend of Zelda for the NES.
Unlike the Zelda "Test" cart sent to Nintendo Service Center, this game is a true development game.
The date on the front is for 3/21/87, the game's release date was 9/87.
There is SOMETHING different about this game than the final released game, but I am not 100% certain as to what it is.
The game has not been publically dumped/released, and is as genuine as can be.
Many of you know that I am a serious sample/demo/obscure game collector, and this is as authentic as you can get.
Buyer gets free shipping with insurance anywhere in the world for this item.
Deeblite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eTeban wrote:
Zelda dev cart for 20,000 U.S.D.

What the hell is wrong with people
Deeblite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended without a sale. Big shock. Free thousands of dollars for eBay, a few minutes of entertainment for us =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: